PDA

View Full Version : My clownfish needs a partner!

Jordan55
08/20/2005, 05:03 PM
Hey CORA whats shakin?

Jason (Hollback) sold me his Oc. clownfish a few months back and he is now living happily in my 12 gallon with my redhead jawfish.

I have been pondering over the idea of adding another clown in there. But would there be a chance of them pairing up? He has been alone now for awhile.... so if I could get a young clown, then would the clown change sex opposite from this guy?

Just wondering.... I hate looking at a single clown when every other tank usually has them in pairs.

Thanks

Bcollins111900
08/20/2005, 05:11 PM
I had teo Oc. Clowns in my tank to start with and the one fell victum to the overflow box. Added a new one and they get along better! I added one that waqs close to the size of the one I had in the tank. The one I got actually was a little bit bigger but I picked him up becuase he has alot of black in him. I would throw another one in there.

Jordan55
08/20/2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks.... I think I might have to... I hate seeing him swim around by himself.

I think I already know the answer... but would a black and white oc. and my oc. have any interest in each other?

miaminemo
08/20/2005, 07:26 PM
jordan, i know youve helped me out in the past.. if those whove expressed interest dont come through, woudl you have any interest in a rbta for your clown? I could hook you up with a friendsly price for all the help youve given in the past..

Jordan55
08/20/2005, 07:29 PM
Gee thanks man. I have been thinking the same thing. I just sold a BTA and was thinking today that my clowns might want a anemone to host. Excpet for the favt that money is low right now.

If you are not in a hurry.... I have to find a nice clown... get them in the tank for a couple days and all happy.

So it may be a week at most.

verper
08/20/2005, 07:31 PM
My two do! Best buddys.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/65618Boo_Fish1.jpg

Jordan55
08/20/2005, 07:38 PM
That is really cool. I have always liked the black ones. Even though they are probably more $$ which could be a problem..... I may have to stick to the regular oc.

C. irritans
08/21/2005, 01:53 AM
Isnt 12 gallons too small for 3 fish that get 2-3"?

Jordan55
08/21/2005, 01:19 PM
And that is half the reason why I posted this question.

I was afraid it would be too many. But really since the jawfish stays in his hole all day... that leaves 2 fish to swim around the tank which seems okay to me.

Anyone else have an input?

thebrian
08/21/2005, 01:42 PM
You can keep 2 clowns in a 12 gallon. I have been since October. I also kept a Firefish and Rainford's Goby until they got killed when my heater malfunctioned. The Rainford's Goby probably wasn't a good idea in hindsight though. Not only is 4 fish probably too much, but the Rainford's probably needs a larger tank to supply it with food.

Two clowns and one goby shoul be fine though. I would just get one of the less timid gobies though. Just to be sure that it isn't always scared of the clowns.

~Brian