PDA

View Full Version : O2 Tabs?

Runner
08/20/2005, 12:00 AM
I need to pack up a bi-color blennie for a long trip tomorrow and some snails for Charles next week. Does anybody have some O2 tabs I can put in with them? Or know where I can get them? I reckon the kind they sell at bait stores would do -- only I don't know where the bait stores are...

Fishboy42
08/20/2005, 12:12 AM
I use a battery powered air pump and a salt bucket (with lid) for transporting fish. They can survive happily for at least a day like this if the temp is stable. I have a pump you can borrow if you'll be at the meeting tomorrow.

Runner
08/20/2005, 06:55 AM
I'll be there. That would be great for the snails headed over to Charles next Thursday. You may need to wait a while for him to bring it back to Knoxville on his next trip in, though.

For the fish, I would be worried about the air pump causing a temperature swing for a long drive. We are talking ~4 hours from here through the meeting and another 4 hours from here to Nashville.

Fishboy42
08/20/2005, 08:15 AM
Ahh, I see. I'll bring a pump to the meeting, no worries on getting it back right away, as I have several extra.
See you in a bit
-Matt

gflat65
08/20/2005, 09:14 AM
I usually run a heater in the cooler or whatever I use for traveling corals shows. I've not transferred fish like this, though. I did drive six fish up with a number of corals and rock from North Ga with no issues and no heater, but didn't have a choice then. I usually just run a ph and a heater in the cooler in the car, though, for long trips. HTH (Just waking up so sorry for repetition...)

RCS
08/20/2005, 10:07 AM
I can bring a couple of breathing bags and an insulated box along. This is normally how I ship snails and such Priority mail, they're normally good for 3-5 days or so.