PDA

View Full Version : Gulp of saltwater! Eeeek!

Microsoftie
08/19/2005, 11:11 PM
I was trying out WarEagleNR88's overflow with the PVC pipes. I tried to get the siphon going will all sorts of method but couldn't get it started ... so I decided to start sucking ... before I knew it I got a good taste of nasty live rock curing water *yuck*.

I spit most of it out and rinsed my mouth out with tap water, not even RO water ... is this the end of me? Should I call 911? I'm starting to feel a bit woozy ...

Seriously ... let me know if I need to take something.

Thanks

- Stephen

slipknottin
08/19/2005, 11:14 PM
youll be fine.

arpee79
08/19/2005, 11:23 PM
O man!! you need to get emergency attention for Uncured live rock water that stuff is toxic .

Just Kidding man I drink that stuff all the time got used to the battery acid taste YUM YUM!!! lol

reefwick
08/19/2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah it's not so pleasant but you'll live. Go brush your teeth, haha. That should clear it up

Microsoftie
08/19/2005, 11:45 PM
It's 4 weeks old live rock curing water ... better start brushing .... :)

xtrstangx
08/19/2005, 11:55 PM
I had to start my HOB overflow last night... man, after getting a whole mouthfull of water, I noticed I still had a huge bubble at the top. And the pump wouldn't carry it down.

I had 3 mouthfulls by the end of the night. I just spit it out and drank some lemon-water (not lemonade) to get the taste out.

Microsoftie
08/19/2005, 11:58 PM
lol, how did you know you still have a hugh bubble? I got the siphon to work once and I only got a trickle of water going through it. Probably a hugh bubble ... but I'm not gonna take 3 mounthfulls to make it work. :)

ILikeFish
08/20/2005, 12:24 AM
try a turkey baster next time

spence15610
08/20/2005, 01:11 AM
An Aqualifter vacuum pump works great for starting the siphon and keeping it going. I got mine at Drsfostersmith.com for about $10.00 I put the suction line up my U-tube and the output line into the overflow box. It pumps air or water at 3 gallons per hour, CPR recommends these for ease of use with there overflow boxes.

outy
08/20/2005, 01:17 AM
untill you get gass or diesel in your lungs and burp it out for a couple weeks, ah, dont be a sissy LOL

next time use a syphon tube 3' and you wont get water again and if you get it started and you have trapped bubbles bang on the tube a couple of times and they will flow out