PDA

View Full Version : Local Starphire Source

thebrian
08/18/2005, 11:18 PM
Since our recent meeting where Mike Paletta spoke and recommended using Starphire Glass as a guard against salt creep on light reflectors, I thought people might like to know of a local source for Starphire. Thomas Glass's Service Division on Garden Road (just off of Indianola south of Morse) has Starphire available for $9.10 per square foot, with a 2 square foot minimum charge. The people there are really nice, and I have dealt with them a few different times. There address is:

757 Garden Road
Columbus, OH 43214
(614) 268-8611

If you call, it will be their other location, and you will need to ask for their Garden Road Service Division.

I have no affiliation with this company or its employees (as far as I know, I don't know any of them). They have just always provided me with excellent customer service, even with odd requests.

~Brian

Buckeye ME
08/18/2005, 11:40 PM
Do you know what thickness that price is for? I would like to put a piece in my canopy but it shuts hard sometimes so I need something thick that won't break (already had it happen with a 1/10" thick).

thebrian
08/18/2005, 11:48 PM
Meant to post that - 1/4" . I don't know if they have anything thicker than that, but that is definately the thinnest they have.

~Brian

asnatlas
08/19/2005, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the info :)

Shawn

cward
08/19/2005, 06:51 AM
Thank you Brian. Do you know if that price is for tempered Starphire?

thebrian
08/19/2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by cward

No, but I do know that they can't do tempered in house and have to order it. I'd give them a call and ask.

~Brian

verper
09/09/2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by cward

Will tempering the glass change what spectrum of light passes through? I'm pretty sure tempering changes the orientation of the molecules in the glass. This might have an unwanted effect as a light lense.

AquariumObsessed
09/11/2005, 12:19 PM
Hey Guys,

If you need 1/4" Starphire pieces. I could ship them to you...much less than $9.10/ sq ft. Just thought id offer.

Will