PDA

View Full Version : No Jokes Please - If you can help it.

ANGELREEF
08/16/2005, 08:16 PM
I have this problem about catching this Angelfish in my tank. It is so fast that as soon as I place the net in the tank, it scooted behind the rocks. I try to catch it when feeding but to no avail. Would appreciate it very very much for your help. Going crazy watching this Angelfist turn Devil fish in the tank neatpicking on my soft corals. It is a bicolor angel(devil) fish if you care.:bum: :mad2:

shawnz28
08/16/2005, 08:20 PM
I have had very good luck with this trap in the past http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=9048&Ntt=fish%20trap&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=0&Nty=1

SUMMERS
08/16/2005, 08:27 PM
Do you know where the fish sleeps?

If so wait until the lights have been off for an hour or two, then turn them on suddenly. He will come out of his rock work and start swimming even though his eyes have not yet adjusted to the light. Just hurry up and grab him.

I have caught 3 tangs this way and am sure it would work for other "fast" fish.

cward
08/16/2005, 09:17 PM
Good trick Summers, I'll have to try that one next time. I had the clarkii from hell and tried to catch him for almost 2 years before geo snatched him with a net.

TacoKing
08/17/2005, 07:02 AM
The fish trap at http://www.trap-eze.net/ worked wonders for me. I'd let you borrow it, but I let the SFDG borrow it about a year ago and haven't seen it since.

-Rob

cadams
08/17/2005, 09:17 AM
i usually just sink my net in the tank for a day and let the fish acclimate to it. then i put their food in the net, sink int, and stand there with the lid up while they eat. I do this for about 2 days, then on the last day, i put the food in the net, lower it into the water but I don't let go of the net, when the desired fish goes in to eat ... SCOOP! Caught a yellow tang this way.

cward
08/17/2005, 09:30 AM
Ha........My clarkii would have just looked at you and flipped you a pectoral fin.

Bcollins111900
08/17/2005, 09:33 AM
I have to tear my rock work apart to get my fish out but thankfuly I am at the point where the fish that are in the tank are model citizens and do no damages to anything. Pray you don't have to take out a bunch of rock and then put it back in.

hollback
08/17/2005, 09:50 AM
I made a fish trap out of some scrap acrylic to catch a 6-line. It took about 3 min. on the first try.

miaminemo
08/17/2005, 10:24 AM
i had called the sawmill store and the guy i talked to said they would.. I just called the polaris location that opens on monday, she said no.

dagnabit.

hollback
08/17/2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by miaminemo
i had called the sawmill store and the guy i talked to said they would.. I just called the polaris location that opens on monday, she said no.

dagnabit.

What are you talking about? :confused:

thebrian
08/17/2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by hollback
What are you talking about? :confused:

I'm thinking he posted in the wrong thread. I think he's talking about PetSmart, but I'm not sure.

ANGELREEF
08/17/2005, 03:57 PM
Hollback

Do you think you could loan me your fish trap. Maybe I could copy it. Thanks Angelo

szwab
08/18/2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by cward
Ha........My clarkii would have just looked at you and flipped you a pectoral fin.

ROFL

ANGELREEF
08/21/2005, 02:47 PM
A piece of mind at last. I followed Hollback way and bought a trap(betta cage) with lid. At first it just give me the flipper as Szwab would say every time it past the cage but after two days without food, well it's different. I put some mysis inside the cage and in two minutes, bingo its bottom is up eating the mysis. I showbed the flipper and closed the lid or it is the other way around. Closed the lid and give it the flipper. Hurrah::bum: :D On the serious note, If anybody want to borrow the cage, I am more than happy to lend it. I know the feeling when something is wrong in your set up.;) ;) Thanks everybody for your help.

Angelo