PDA

View Full Version : Lugol's Dip for red bugs

prance1520
08/15/2005, 03:27 PM
I remember either Mr. Calfo or Mr. Bourneman talking about how they would rather do a special lugol's dip instead of the interceptor for the acro red bugs. Does anyone have this written down? I've been trying to search for it, but coupled with the hour wait to be able to search, I haven't had much luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Matt

cward
08/15/2005, 03:33 PM
If your able to pull the coral out to dip it, I would put it into a container and use the interceptor treatment. I think the reason interceptor is frowned upon is it kills other things in your tank other than just the red bugs.

prance1520
08/15/2005, 06:18 PM
I've thought of it. Right now I can't think of any way to get it though. I don't know any vets, and would rather not walk into a random vets office asking for perscriptions, even if I have evidence to back up the reasoning. The Canadian sites I have seen all require a perscription. Maybe I'll stubble accross someone. The host coral has had them for at least 4 months and still polyps up, so its not a massive emergency just yet, even though I'd rather do it sooner than later. Thanks cward.

cward
08/16/2005, 06:51 AM
I will sell you a tablet if you want.

hollback
08/16/2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by cward
I will sell you a tablet if you want.

Lets keep it reef related, druggie! :smokin:

cward
08/16/2005, 08:30 AM
Everyone's doing it.............

prance1520
08/16/2005, 09:00 AM
Just gotta.....have.......one more........hit.......

of heartworm medication??
kids these days, geeze

scottfarcuz
08/16/2005, 04:12 PM
It's that sweet sweet beefy flavor that got me hooked. Just like a nice shot of gravy only in easy to carry pill form :)

Anyone ever use any thats outdated? I have a few pills that are over a year expired..