PDA

View Full Version : Hawkfish needs a home

prance1520
08/15/2005, 09:48 AM
Not sure exact species. Bought him as a "Hawaiian Hawkfish" but I haven't seen that name since. Could be a spotted or a Pixy Hawkfish. He looks most like the Pixy hawkfish picture on www.saltwaterfish.com. He's got a great personality, and eats like its going out of style. He's somewhat reef safe. He'll pester small fish like Neon gobies till they die, and will eat small shrimp like the sexy anenome ones. Doubt he could get a pepermint in his mouth, but thats not to say he won't try. He never touched my cerith snails, but I think he ate most of my nassarius (I can't spell, the small ones with the snorkel). He's living it up all by himself in my sump at the moment, but I'm sure he would like a better home with lots of rock to perch on and keep watch. If someone would want to trade a frag or something for him that'd be great. Into colored sticks and zoo mostly. If no trades, someone willing to give him vast amounts of food to keep him fat will get him for free. PM me if interested. Thanks, have a great day!

Matt

thebrian
08/15/2005, 11:55 AM
How large is he? Maybe someone with a fish-only tank could take him...

prance1520
08/15/2005, 12:03 PM
He's about 3 inches nose to tip of tail. He'd make a great fish only, or even do well in a reef full of larger animals. He definately has no quarrel with anyone else in the tank, as long as he can't fit them in his mouth :-P Jakano is interested in him, and if no one wants a trade by tomorrow he'll get first dibs.