PDA

View Full Version : WTB Power Heads

wahwoo
08/13/2005, 12:33 PM
Does any one have any Power Heads they would like to sell?

I'd like to pick up at least two this weeked. Hoping some one has a couple laying around that they would consider selling. Thought I'd ask here before doing the LFS routine.

Thanks,

Dave

Agu
08/13/2005, 09:12 PM
I'll be ordering a couple of Tunze mini powerheads from Premium Aquatics. Want to split shipping ?

LMK asap as I'll be ordering tomorrow ?

wahwoo
08/14/2005, 08:15 AM
Let me think on that Agu.

Did you look in clearence? They have RIO 200 Power Heads for $5.00. There are 4 available. It looks like the same as the small Tunze. I never used either brand. I suppose Tunze has a better rep., but for $5.00 maybe I'll try 1 or 2.

Whats your thoughts on RIO Vs. Tunze? Have any input?

wahwoo
08/14/2005, 08:19 AM
Also wondered why Prem Aquatics? Doesnt Marine Depot usually out price them? I havent looked lately but last year they were cheaper for dry goods.

Agu
08/14/2005, 10:11 AM
The Rio 200 is more pump than I need and larger too. At $5/pump they're a deal though. The Tunzes are tiny and have the right GPH for me. Never used the Tunze before so I want to try them out.

Couldn't find the mini Tunze on Marine Depots website.

LMK, I'll be placing the order later today so it gets processed tomorrow. I have a RIO 90 that's starting to make grinding noises and already stopped once. It'll be relegated to mixing saltwater....