PDA

View Full Version : Beckett injector assembly F/S

cee
08/12/2005, 04:23 PM
I accidently ordered a Beckett injector assembly I didn't need. It's 1" slip fitting on both ends, about 1 foot tall, and features a removable Beckett nozzle for easy cleaning. The air intake features a John Guest fitting for precise control If you own a Beckett skimmer or are considering one, having a spare injector is always a good idea. Let it go for $20, $5 less than I paid.

Dave

cee
08/15/2005, 06:04 PM
This has been sold, thanks Fred and enjoy your new project. If you need any help, LMK.

Dave

RCS
08/15/2005, 09:56 PM
Well, I built my skimmer last night. Definitely not going to win any beauty contests, but it does have that home-made quality about it. :p

It was all going well until I was trying to force a piece of PVC in the sump and managed to pop the hose off my 700gph pump and proceed to dump avout 3-4 gallons of water onto all my electricals. Let me tell you...it was NOT fun to turn them off whilst getting shocked every time I tried. Surprised neither of the circuit breakers popped. I think, seeing as how this is the second time I've tried hard to zap myself, it's time to invest in a GFCI!!

Thankfully everything seems to be just fine (including myself) and I bought the last piece of PVC I needed tonight to finish the outlet. It'll have a ball valve attached for the time being, but I did seem to get a pretty good fizz going just playing around plugging the outlet with my hand a bit.

I think sometime in the future, if I have enough room, I'm going to construct a big tall skimmer for beside the tank...I'll have to make some sort of cover or front screen for it as a 4-foot PVC skimmer in the dining room would look rather out of place!