PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Super Skimmer

Pufferpunk
08/12/2005, 12:37 AM
I've had my skimmer up & running for about 4 dys now. It ws skimming light brown skimmate yesterday & most of today. I dumped the cup & wiped it out & now it isn't making many bubbles at all. Is this normal? I'm looking into the main chamber & it doesn't seem as dense w/bubbles as it has been previously. Please help, as this is my only filtration.

theishkid
08/12/2005, 01:20 AM
Most skimmers have a break in period as you probably know. I wouldn't start worrying too much about it for a few more days. It is good to clean out the collection cup often and then it needs a little bit of time to build the film back up. Even if you're not seeing a ton of skimmate, the pump is still pushing the water around your tank and your rock is filtering the water. One other thing... It says in your comments that your reef has only been set up for one month... it's probably longer by now but you might just not have a ton of stuff to skim out of the tank just yet. If you don't have a high bio-load and your not dosing your tank with all sorts of things then your tank might just not be producing that much gunk yet.

Charlie Davidson
08/12/2005, 07:07 AM
no bubbles at all? sounds like you may have air line problems!!

no1b4me
08/12/2005, 08:29 AM
as long you still have bubles in main chamber, you should be ok, when it first started, it usually have more bubles in the beginning and then settle abit. Since you just cleaned the colletion cup, it will take time to built up the film as mentioned above. Give time, foam will be created and collect skimmer mate for you.