PDA

View Full Version : anyone Used the Krystal star 400w 11k SE bulbs

Illusion
08/10/2005, 09:03 PM
Just as the Title says.. Has anyone used or is using these bulbs... I had some issues today with my Ushio 10k bulbs today and come to find out It was because they no longer work with Standard Probe start ballasts... Kinda sucks the bulbs are less than 2 months old... PFO was suprised that they even worked this long... Anyways I was looking for some feedback prior to me picking them up tomorrow... Shortly after my Ushios will bo up for sale for like $75ea..

I guess the 11k Krystal Star looks like a 14k bulb... I am a bit leary of a bulb I cant find anything or Anyone using it at the moment...

James

Jeremy B.
08/11/2005, 07:18 AM
I have a strong feeling the Krystal Star 11k SE, is the same as the Venture 10k lamp. It's actually a fairly decent lamp, nothing too special though.

Illusion
08/11/2005, 11:22 AM
Hmm... I guess I will be checking them out shortly On my way out the door to pick them up... I would think they would be Different than the Venture since they still sell the Ventures as well... Someone told me that they were Made by the Same Company that Mfgs the XM bulb... From the one person that I have talked to says that the bulbs are Extremely bright and very nice looking..

James

Jeremy B.
08/11/2005, 11:41 AM
I am assuming you are getting these from PFO?

Illusion
08/11/2005, 02:50 PM
Kinda Sorta in a round about way... I get it thru a local guy and Instead of having them Drop ship I pick them up since Its a bit faster and cheaper...

James

Jeremy B.
08/11/2005, 02:58 PM
PFO's DE "house" brand lamps are called Krystal Star as well, which are actually just the Coralvue lamps relabelled that are imported by VUE. PFO 13k lamps were actually Venture lamps that were relabelled, I kinda figured they were putting them under the Krystal Star name now. I could be completely wrong on this though.

Illusion
08/11/2005, 03:03 PM
Well I got the Bulbs in and they have been running for about 10 mins now...

I would take pics but my son put my 700.00 Camera on our Griddle and turned on the griddle... Anyways the entire back of the Camera is Melted... It semi functions but I have to wait til its not Burning hot... I hope to god they arent relabed CV bulbs..

James

Illusion
08/11/2005, 11:34 PM
Ok my Camera Functions however I cannont get a good pic with the limited buttons that I have... I got a couple nice macros and thats about it... The bulbs remind me so much of the Xm bulbs... I heard Sanjay has some to test out... hopefully within the next couple of months we can see some good results from them...

James

Sanjay
08/12/2005, 06:43 AM
Yes, I have the complete line of Krystar lamps for testing. Just have not got around to them. I am busy buring in the 175W lamps that I am going to be testing soon.

All this relabelling drives me nuts... especially as an hobbiest. I'd like to know what I am getting. As a consumer its very frustrating.

sanjay.

Jeremy B.
08/12/2005, 09:15 AM
All this relabelling drives me nuts... especially as an hobbiest. I'd like to know what I am getting. As a consumer its very frustrating.

You hit the nail on the head that time!

Illusion
08/13/2005, 02:58 AM
It is soo frustrating... Ever since your Post Jeremy I have been sitting here hoping that these are not CV bulbs and I cam going to go thru that entire crud again... Atleast I know PFO will take care of issues if they arise... I should have just bought new ballasts instead of new bulbs but I dont want to mess with that again... I just want to be done with it... I was hoping they were more towards a 14k as I was under the Impression of but 11k about fits them perfect... I like the color so far... too soon to tell quality or coral response though..

James

Illusion
10/22/2005, 11:03 PM
Any Updates from Anyone Running these Lately?

I have been running them for a while now but I am still not too sure what I think as of yet.. Corals look great and all and its a nice white color but the whole thought they might be relabled Coralvues really bother me...

James

orlenz
10/22/2005, 11:35 PM
They are relabled corlvue bulbs, they also relable the venture 10k and call them pfo 13k.