PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Heard of This??

Joe LoPresti
08/10/2005, 04:30 PM
Looking for any input regarding a company called "Jebo". I looked them up online and their products are manufactured in China. They look like German knockoffs. In particular, I am wondering about their lighting systems, are their power compact bulbs replaceable with other brands, or do you have to purchase their brand?? Is their quality any good?? Any info. provided would be greatly appreciated!!!

AttackDonut
08/10/2005, 05:09 PM
There is another thread very close to this in the same forum I think.

I don't like Jebo, I think the quality is spotty. But in the other thread, I am the only one who thinks this way.

Here is the thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=646303

Joe LoPresti
08/10/2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the thread!! Very interesting posts there. Sounds to me like the Coralife bulbs will work in that fixture. I personally run the Coralife fixture but a friend asked me to make some inquiries. He found this fixture for sale on Ebay. He only has freshwater fish, so I don't think it would be all that bad of an investment. Thanks again!!!

AttackDonut
08/11/2005, 10:04 AM
No sweat, the only concern I have with Jebo, is the quality (or lack thereof) of the ballasts....which of ocurse is the most important part of any light.

But the PC bulbs are universal, either 4 pin straigh like this: ....

Or four pin square, like this:

So one or the other will fit.