PDA

View Full Version : Outer Orbit 150 & 250 watt halide information

Orm Embar
08/09/2005, 12:37 AM
OK, sent 2 emails to Current USA re: Outer Oribts and upcoming configs and this is what I got back-

1) Supposedly, their Outer Orbit 150 watt DE halide setups (ones currently out) put out "substantially" more light than standard 150w HQI halides and approach 250w HQI's. When asked re: PAR, independent testing is in progress.

2) Two 250w DE halide versions are in the works - the first version will use a standard ballast rather than a "more powerful" electronic version and is next to be released.

3) The second 250w DE halide hood is more in the development stages and will have a 250w electronic ballast.

Thought this was interesting information and that y'all would like to know. I certainly did.

My question to anyone who reads this far is this - does anyone have PAR data on "standard" 150 & 250 DE HQI bulbs and, for comparison, Outer Orbit's PAR data? Per Sanjay's website PPFD is listed for combinations but not PAR at different depths. Maybe we should compile a database of PAR ranges at depths for bulbs & ballasts. Anyone?