PDA

View Full Version : Filstar XP2 Cannister Filter

ostrow
08/06/2005, 03:52 PM
Previous sale didn't work out so re-listing.

I have a Filstar 2 for sale, $45 shipped. Here's the deal: the unit itself, the cannister/pump part, is new -- used less than a month. I had had one for months that had one of the locking handles crack, and got the base unit replaced. All the plumbing parts are from the original.

A couple of the parts that apparently come in the box are missing. But it is an easy DIY fix, the other buyer just didn't want to spend the $5 to do it.

It will need a 1/2" pvc cap for the output or if you want I can throw in a length of 1/2" locline spraybar that you'll have to rig a way to connect to hte hose coming from the pump.

It is missing somehting apparently called an airflow diffuser. I never used this, didn't know it existed, and it is not needed for the filter to function. At least, I never had a problem with it.

So, I'm asking $45 shipped and you'll have to get a cap. You'll also (hopefully obviously) need tubing and hose clamps to get from the filter to the tank and back.

$45 shipped. These are $80 new plus shipping. The most important part, the pump, is virtually brand new.

email joel@ostrows.us

ostrow
08/09/2005, 11:53 AM
bump