PDA

View Full Version : stop belly aching

digitaldego77
08/05/2005, 11:01 AM
I just have to make a comment.

I haven't been a member of RC for very long, but I value this web community immensely. I don't think that any of the whining going on is appropriate or constructive. There are several other venues that we as Central Ohioans can use to peddle or buy over-priced livestock.

That said, let's use these forums appropriately and stop blaming moderators for doing their job. They have the interest of every paid sponsor to look after. It is very simple, and I think they have been more then thorough in explaining the rules.

Now, lets just all play like good boys and girls. Post a pic or story or question or trade or whatever. Leave the sales up to the pros, or arrange it over the telephone. I know you guys still remember that medium - the phone.

Rockker
08/05/2005, 11:23 AM
Aaron was "is" probably the most helpful person i have ever met in this hobby. I think his past posts should have been considered before banishment.

The community forums are of less value because of his absence.

This is suppose to be where people come together to help each other . Auguabeast did nothing but in the time he has been posting.

Tis a sad day indeed.

Rockker

miaminemo
08/05/2005, 11:33 AM
was he banned? or just his post removed?

BrianD
08/05/2005, 11:54 AM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=643845

szwab
08/05/2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by digitaldego77
I just have to make a comment.

I haven't been a member of RC for very long, but I value this web community immensely. I don't think that any of the whining going on is appropriate or constructive. There are several other venues that we as Central Ohioans can use to peddle or buy over-priced livestock.

That said, let's use these forums appropriately and stop blaming moderators for doing their job. They have the interest of every paid sponsor to look after. It is very simple, and I think they have been more then thorough in explaining the rules.

Now, lets just all play like good boys and girls. Post a pic or story or question or trade or whatever. Leave the sales up to the pros, or arrange it over the telephone. I know you guys still remember that medium - the phone.

Amen Brother!

[Quote]Hello to all club members,

I know that some of you have been upset by recent events. I would encourage everyone to step back, take a deep breath, and allow the situation to settle down a little bit. The staff of Reef Central has 100,000 members to try to keep happy, and it is rarely an easy task. Although some may not agree with the rules we have (or the enforcement), please understand that they are in place for the protection of the membership.

None of the recent actions have to be permanent. All we ever ask is that people abide by our decisions, and use common courtesy in protesting them.

Thank you for your understanding.

BrianD
Staff
Reef Central[Q]

for what is worth I have made some great long term friends hope to make more, saved me quite a bit of money and headache and it has also, in a way perpetuate our club to what it is today.
While nothing is perfect, (not even RC) it's way better than most of the boards out there. (I've been to most, I think)
I have a hard time believing that any one person has pulled, closed threads or banned anyone with getting a concensus first. That just would not work in the long term. Let's not forget it is run by people who volunteer thier time.