PDA

View Full Version : waterproof lights

79Yota
08/04/2005, 04:42 PM
I am looking to put a water proof light in my nano sump and then get rid of the bio balls and switch to calupera. Does anyone know where to get a suitable light to submerge in the water.

thebrian
08/04/2005, 05:31 PM
Just remember that the light will heat your water while its on. I know of a few places. What kind of light are you looking for? I have seen waterproof T5's, waterproof bright LED lights, and waterproof incandescent pond lights, all from different places.

Aquatraders (which is NOT a reliable company - known to be hit or miss with shipping things on time, loses orders, etc) has the waterproof T5's, and I just looked and they have some LED's also: http://aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=28

There's another site that ships waterproof LED setups that are pretty bright and small directly from Hong Kong, but I can't seem to find the site right now. I'll let you know if I find the other site.

~Brian

79Yota
08/04/2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks, I am just looking fo something to go in or over my sump to light the cheato or what ever I get for back there. I was thinking of putting it in the water because that way I would not have to mount it to my hood. The space I have to fill is not that large so I dont need that bright a light.

Bcollins111900
08/04/2005, 09:25 PM
Lowes has a Clamp on grill light for $19.97 that has 6 or 8 white LED lights that is attached to a bendable arm with a 34" spot. Pretty sweet. I think it runs off batteries but can easily be converted to 12v AC