PDA

View Full Version : Help me wire my power compact lights.

ngthompson
08/04/2005, 03:07 PM
I just got my power compact light kit, and I thought is was going to be easier than it is. Here is the wireing diagram.
the socket is just a normal square 4 pin socket.

SOME BODY PLEASE HELP ME!!
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/37843wire12.gif

speakeraddict
08/04/2005, 03:44 PM
Ok, you will take a two short pieces of yellow wire, strip both ends of these pieces and attach them via a wire nut to the yellow coming from the ballast. Next, if you have the socket with the back of it facing you, put them in the upper and lower holes on the left hand side. (this really doesn't matter left or right hand. Just make sure they are one above the other or the bulb won't fire)

Next Combine three of the reds with one wire via a wire nut after stripping them about 3/4" back sort of reverse of the yellow. now split that one wire into two like you did for the yellow above and stick them into the right side of the socket.

finally hook up a power chord to the black and white wires of the ballast with either wire nuts or butt splicers, install your bulb in the socket and plug it in for a test fire before you mount everything to the canopy.

speakeraddict

speakeraddict
08/04/2005, 03:46 PM
I really like the WH ballasts. They are simple to wire and work every time.

speakeraddict

ngthompson
08/04/2005, 04:21 PM
Do I have to do anything with the forth red wire? Just put a wire nut on and tape it out of the way?

speakeraddict
08/04/2005, 04:22 PM
Yep, exactly. I forgot to mention that!

speakeraddict

speakeraddict
08/04/2005, 04:23 PM
I assume this is a 96 watt bulb on a WH5, correct?

speakeraddict

ngthompson
08/04/2005, 04:37 PM
Yes. I got tow ballasts to run two 96 watt PCs. I won them on ebay.