PDA

View Full Version : large hippo tang FS/FT

johara
08/01/2005, 10:21 PM
I think I overdid the tangs - 4 in a 155 gal. tipped the balance into some aggression, so I'd like to find a good home for my 4 year old hippo tang. He is extremely healthy, but does have some minor cosmetic blemishes from scraping on some rock in a chase a few years ago. You can click on my gallery and see a picture (it's labeled young leopard wrasse but as usual the hippo managed to get in the picture). On one side there is a linear scar near the lateral line, the other side has a dark area under one eye. I have never had a non fish person notice either scar but want to give full disclosure.

It is about 5-6" long and very mellow with other fish - I only decided to move it because both the sailfin and powder blue are starting to pick on it. It also has been known to nibble at clam mantles - not generally a hippo tang trait but I have seen it, so to be safe a non clam containing tank would be best.

It was a tough decision but I've decided he has to go, so I hope someone out there will enjoy him as much as I have! Prices for this size hippo run about $60 or so but I'm quite open to offers/trades, mostly I just want a good home for him.

raddogz
08/01/2005, 11:07 PM
Sorry - jumped the gun

johara
08/06/2005, 02:36 PM
Don't know whether I made this tang sound ugly or if no one has space or desire for it. It is a good looking and very healthy fish, and I'd like to move it before my powder blue gets any more aggressive with it. I'm willing to give it away if someone can provide a good home for it.

Any takers?

pcbox
08/06/2005, 04:19 PM
YGPM

sfsuphysics
08/06/2005, 05:06 PM
I would more than love to give him(her) a good home, unfortunately I already have 2 in my 135 (Naso & Kole) and my dream tank won't be put it for quite some time, although if you have the bugger around Valentines day of next year then shoot me a PM ;)

johara
08/06/2005, 11:40 PM
That's more like it. Got three pm's. So far mangrovecoral was first in line. If that doesn't work out pcbox is next. Thanks.

dwarfatize
08/07/2005, 12:38 AM
I hope that you find a good home for the guy. I would take him, but I still haven't set up my new tank.