PDA

View Full Version : Help finding LR & Sand

cmfowden5150
08/01/2005, 06:53 PM
I am getting ready to set up my 72 bowfrount and am down to only needing LR & sand. Does anyone know where I can find either of these at a reasonable price as I have already gone over budget with the equiptment alone.:D I looked as probably everyone else has for southdown but had no luck. I'm in north port so anywhere from bradenton to ft myers is ok. I would also like to go to an up comming meeting if possible to see what everyone else is haveing success with and get my setup critiqued.

Thanks

jerrymlr1
08/01/2005, 07:58 PM
There is a guy in Orlando selling "the good stuff" southdown for $15 a 40 lb bag. I have some LR that has some mushrooms and some zoos already on it FS.
Jerry

multi striped 12
08/01/2005, 08:16 PM
Jerry how is your nepthia doing?

multi striped 12
08/01/2005, 08:19 PM
cmfowden IMO I would not do a dsb if that is what you are thinking ??

Or just enough for some on the bottom?

jerrymlr1
08/01/2005, 08:26 PM
The nepthia is doing great. It has doubled in size already.Thanks Jim. :)
Jerry

cmfowden5150
08/01/2005, 10:07 PM
Do you know how I can get in touch with this person from orlando? I am picking up the sump/fuge from venice pet center wednesday and plan on starting the setup soon after. How much LR do you have for sale?

myakkareef
08/02/2005, 07:19 AM
cm..- To get on the email list for meetings, send AGU a pm or email. Also I understand your new but you might consider a starboard bottom instead of sand. Your choice this is just coming from experience OH so much cleaner...Then again it depends on what type of inhabitants you want to do with your setup...

By the way Jim, the Nepthea you gave me a while back is growing like a weed finally.