PDA

View Full Version : Olympus C-2000 Digital Camera

RudeBoy
02/13/2002, 09:43 PM
Okay guys, I need some advice on a digital camera purchase. Right now I'm pretty sold on the Olympus C-2000. I realize that it's out of date but I have a chance to get one brand new in the box for a great price. After attending the last meeting at Dave's house, I became severely green with envy after seeing some of the digital cameras on display. Now, I DON'T have $500-$600 to spend on a 3.3 megapixel camera and will settle for a 2.1 for now. I'm also planning on adding a Polarizing filter to use for taking flics of my tank. Can anyone recommend another camera that is 2.1 megapixels just for research sake? BTW, this is Dave Jones (Dave P.) :)

saltwaterfishlover
02/14/2002, 12:02 AM
I just got a casio qv-300ex from a friend and its pretty nice no ability to add lenses or filters without beign creative but it works for me. still learnign to use it. but all that comes in time...and you can find it on ebay for about 350...3.34 megapixel....

ToddsReef
02/14/2002, 10:50 PM
Dave,
I don't know much about cameras but I do have an opinion on the filter. I have a polarizing filter and it doesn't do much when taking pictures of my reef (very cool for outdoor pics though). Granted, I am no photographer, but all it really did for with reefs pics was make them dark. Anyway, you are welcome to borrow my filter (if it fits your camera) to try before buying one.
Todd

RudeBoy
02/16/2002, 12:38 AM
Thanks Todd, I really appreciate it. Dave P came over and saw my tank for the first time last Saturday. He says that I need to document it better with photos and I'm really trying to decide on which one I want. I believe the camera I want uses 55mm filters. Thanks again for the offer.

ToddsReef
02/17/2002, 09:41 AM
Dave,
Unfortunately my filter is a 37mm. If it won't fit your camera then I could show you the difference with and without the filter on my camera if you would like. Let me know. Good luck.
Todd

RudeBoy
02/18/2002, 09:36 PM
That sounds good to me man. I gotta make a move soon because I'm missing out on so much growth in my tank. I converted from CC to LSB about 3 months ago and my tank is in the best shape ever. Corals are growing fast and I can't even document it with photos. My only options right now are a GREAT SLR camera (preferably an Advantix) with zoom/filter capabilities or an even better digital camera. I prefer the latter.