PDA

View Full Version : Sand Star

easttn
07/28/2005, 08:32 PM
Free sand star to first reply. I have no more sand so its not a healthy home for him. I believe this star is a ditritis feeder, not a carnivore. He used to live in SD, but he would do well in CC I guess. I'll bring him on my next trip to Knox, about 2 weeks.

EvilMel
07/28/2005, 09:12 PM
Do you think he would do well in my tank, Charles? I have a decently deep sand bed and it's a mix of CC and smaller sand and aragonite (more of the small stuff than the big nowadays).

If you think so, I'll take him.

easttn
07/28/2005, 09:23 PM
Muhhaaaaaaa, plan succeded. Umm, fresh maters. I think he'd do fine in your tank, plenty of roaming room. I'll drop you a note before I head your way. Looking forward to seeing you and Brent in 2 weeks or so.

Charles

EvilMel
07/29/2005, 08:30 AM
Hey Charles, I have to go to a graduation on saturday august 6 in cookeville so I won't be around that morning/afternoon.

You can come by and get tomatoes any time but honestly the garden looks like crap (still got tons of production throughout the season though).

easttn
07/29/2005, 10:18 PM
I need to be there on Sat, what time are you leaving? We can make alternative plans if your out too early. I don't want to leave the starfish here any longer than necessary.

EvilMel
07/30/2005, 08:40 AM
Hey Charles, the graduation is at 10 am. So I'd be leaving by like 8 am. Maybe I could ask Art to hold onto him for me for a few hours til I get home or even at the most until sunday. I'll call Art and ask him.

I did have one concern though. Do you think I have enough sndbed for him? I heard they need to have a pretty large total area of sand to do well.

easttn
07/30/2005, 10:21 AM
He has zero right now, so whatever you have is better than today. LMK about next Sat.

Thanks,
Charles