PDA

View Full Version : weldon 16 for tank

reefmaint
07/28/2005, 04:25 PM
Is weldon 16 what you should use to make acrilic tanks.. that is what tenecor used..

can i fill a chip that is between my tanks front and bottom pane with weldon while the tank is full? it is a small chip like 4/16 inch

will adding welldon ot anything help. or is it just a disolvent....

Phoneguy982
07/28/2005, 09:02 PM
Weld on #4 is what most use. #16 is to fill larger gaps. As far as your tank being filled, I wouldn't chance it. It melts the acrylic to eachother so it may eaken it before it actually hardens as one piece.
If you think the chip is that big of a concern then I would empty the water out and repair it right.

tha_reids
07/29/2005, 02:51 AM
#16 seems thick but evaporates too much (shrinks).
Might be best to use a 2 part epoxy that is thick enough for vertical application.
Good luck.

arpee79
07/30/2005, 12:45 AM
Can you find this acrylic glue in a local hardware store Homedepot , Lowes,Orchard or maybe hirsch Pipe & supply ?.

spork
07/30/2005, 02:29 AM
Most hardware stores don't stock such items (I know home depot, lowes, ace, do it best, does not stock weld on or any such solvents). Most larger citys have plastic supply shops although most only sell wholesale or have minimum orders. Try looking up plastics in your phonebook. Use weldon #3 for a super fast set time and #4 for a slower set time and #16 for larger gaps and cracks. Also keep in mind if you buy this stuff online its gonna cost you big because it is flammable, toxic, and hazardous. UPS, FEDEX and other such shipping companies wont ship this stuff in most cases so most companies use trucking companies and they charge a fortune. So check to see how much shipping will cost before you commit to buy. Keep in mind how toxic this stuff is!!! Good Luck