PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have the chaeto macro-algae?

Runner
07/28/2005, 04:21 PM
I am planning to dump my razor caulerpa and replace it with chaeto. Apparently, the chaeto is not as bad as far was what it releases into the water. I would like to be able to turn off my sump during the day to reduce the heat buildup and allow me to close the access panels in the base. I can order the chaeto for around $6 plus shipping, but I figured I check and see if anybody here had some and would be willing to donate or sell to me first.

Plus, Mel's Naso Tang might actually eat chaeto (if she lets her). ;)

Send me a PM or post here if you have any you wish to share.

imsqueak
07/28/2005, 06:25 PM
PM is full.

Runner
07/28/2005, 07:18 PM
Full no longer. :D

Sorry.

EvilMel
07/28/2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks alot for thinking of Priscilla! But I am afraid she does not like razor caulerpa, believe it or not. She's such a pig but she really doesn't like that much at all. Thanks anyways.

I believe Charles has some chaeto, so you might check with him about getting some.

Runner
07/28/2005, 08:22 PM
I was thinking of Priscilla eating my future crops of chaeto, actually. :D

Thanks.

EvilMel
07/28/2005, 08:24 PM
Actually I kinda betted Charles that she would eat Chaeto but she didn't eat that either. She's kind of a Julian Sprungs/Red Gracilaria kind of a girl. hah hah. She is very opinionated and knows what she likes to eat, and boy she LIKES to eat.

easttn
07/28/2005, 08:26 PM
I had to toss out all mine when the tank broke, as I did not want to be battling that later. I did receive some gracilaria recently, but it just melted to nothing. I have started more cheato, but it will be awhile.

RevHtree
07/29/2005, 09:31 AM
I just sold a bunch, but will have a sandwich bag in probably 2 weeks..

If you want to wait, I'll just ship ya some up there no charge..:)

Runner
07/29/2005, 10:08 AM
Heh. Thanks. Just let me know where you are ready.

RCS
07/29/2005, 02:53 PM
I can spare some chaeto if you need it. Also sawblade caulerpa, green grape caulera, a teacup-shaped grape, and a grape-bunch type of caulerpa.

Runner
07/29/2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks, Fred. When/where should I pick it up?

The others sound interesting, but I'd rather get something that purportedly doesn't go "sexual" and foul the tank. Right now I keep my sump light on 24/7 and am having some minor heat issues.

RCS
07/29/2005, 05:52 PM
Whereabouts are you located? You can shoot me a PM. I'll be around through Monday, so I can either swing by when I'm out and about or we can set something up. I'm on the south end of Knox County just outside 'ville.

LeftCoast
07/29/2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Runner
The others sound interesting, but I'd rather get something that purportedly doesn't go "sexual" and foul the tank.
It actually does more than foul the tank. It allows the male and female gametes mix, which produces more caulerpa outside of the sump.

danieljames
07/31/2005, 12:09 AM
I have tons of the stuff. You may have it all for free if you want it. I'm over in the nash area though.