PDA

View Full Version : Water level in sump for Euro Reef skimmer?

Call Me Joe
02/13/2002, 05:04 PM
hi, I bought a Euro Reef skimmer (CS6-1) and am running it on my 55g tank with a 30 gallon sump. I have had it running for about 10 days and no foam has made it to the top at all yet. I keep my sump level fairly low about 5". Should I raise the level of the water in the sump or will it eventually do something? Kind of scratching my head here so far. I don't think I made a wise purchase. Reassure me please! TIA

undrwata
02/13/2002, 05:11 PM
It took about a week before mine produced good foam. Raise the neck to bring the foam about 1/2 the way up the throat.

BTW mine now produces an excellent amount of foam, black and stinky...does the best job of any I have had.

Also, you may not have much of a load yet in your tank...if the water is clear and your perameters are good, just sit back and enjoy.

;)

qtip
02/13/2002, 05:11 PM
Have you adjusted to level of the water output for the skimmer.

There is an adjustment that need to be made to the skimmer that raises and lowers the water level in the skimmer itself.

If you raise the tube the water in the skimmer raises, irregardless(sp?) of the water level in the sump.

Try that it should work.

qtip
02/13/2002, 05:22 PM
Have you adjusted to level of the water output for the skimmer.

There is an adjustment that need to be made to the skimmer that raises and lowers the water level in the skimmer itself.

If you raise the tube the water in the skimmer raises, irregardless(sp?) of the water level in the sump.

Try that it should work.

Call Me Joe
02/13/2002, 05:40 PM
thanks for the replies. I have adjusted the output neck to raise the level of the skimmer to about an inch below the neck. I don't have much load right now, so I will give it some time. My parameters are pH 8.4, ALK 10, and CA of 450. NItrates and such are all nill. Thanks

undrwata
02/14/2002, 05:02 PM
I would still raise the output neck to bring the leve into the riser neck a leaset 1"