PDA

View Full Version : August meeting?

Runner
07/27/2005, 12:01 PM
When and where is the next meeting? I thought I'd get a jump on updating the website this time.

Also, if anybody has anything they want to post about the Frag swap, I'd be happy to update the website to mention that for our July meeting.

imsqueak
07/27/2005, 05:25 PM
I have lost my notes from the mtg. The site was down so I procratinated emailing to Runner and now I cant find them. Sorry, first day on the job and I let you all down but I promise to do better.

I'll look around some more but all who volunteered please let us know. I think we had through Xmas booked up.

EvilMel
08/01/2005, 12:06 PM
So no one remembers who was supposed to do the August meeting? Was it Julie? I vaguely remember talking to her about it.

Runner
08/01/2005, 12:29 PM
My snail order thread has generated lots of interest. If this meeting is August 20 or August 27, I will try to coordinate the snails to arrive to be divided up during the meeting.

EvilMel
08/02/2005, 08:34 AM
I'll call Julie later on and ask her about this.

EvilMel
08/02/2005, 02:41 PM
Hey so it was Julie who volunteered. She said August 20th is fine with her. She is hoping that someone will be able to help her with her current tank woes.

Of course we already talked about food, so she's making barBQ and a Peruvian chicken dish, plus I'm bringing the BarBQ sauce and I might make a cobbler or crisp or something for dessert.

bkv1997
08/02/2005, 07:53 PM
I was wondering if it would be ok for me to attend this meeting.

I'm from chattanooga and the local club here meets on the 13th.

If no one cares can someone PM directions or more details on where the meeting is?

Thanks
bkv1997

easttn
08/02/2005, 09:25 PM
I'll bring my BBQ sauce too, it has a secret ingredent, see if you can tell me what it is.

RCS
08/02/2005, 10:57 PM
I was wondering if it would be ok for me to attend this meeting.

Actually, we only allow local reefers, and even then only people that are approved by a 2/3 majority of the current membership, to attend meetings.

But I jest; of course you can come! Heck, I've been a member for a few months and have never made a meeting! But that's about to change!

Mel, what kind of tank issues has Julie been having? I don't recall seeing anything here in the forum.

easttn
08/03/2005, 06:26 AM
Scott,

Please send your email addy, I have a word document for you
candhowens@earthlink.net

EvilMel
08/03/2005, 08:19 AM
The secret ingredient is bacon isn't it?

Fred, it's been a while so I don't fully remember. She had posted tons about a while back. We thought it might have something to do with the fact that she has a gigantic leather in with sps/lps and maybe there was some chemical warfare going on. But I could be totally wrong as it's been a bit and I don't remember all about it.

isawill
08/03/2005, 12:09 PM
Hi All

I just moved here and I would be interested in joining your club. How does it work??
I do not currently have anything setup, but I was the proud keeper of a 90g reef up untill a few months ago...(Could not move it that far). I am dying to get back in the hobby and would love to meet you all...
Could someone please email me the time and place of the Aug. 20th meeting?
Thanks

Runner
08/03/2005, 12:12 PM
Welcome to town! I'll post the directions on our website as soon as Julie or somebody sends them to me.

There is a 300G acrylic tank for sale in Atlanta for $800 if you were looking to start out large. Check the selling forums here are RC.

easttn
08/03/2005, 03:45 PM
Mel,
Thanks for the PM's. There is no animal anything in the sauce, you can drink it if you'd like.

EvilMel
08/03/2005, 03:52 PM
No meat? woo hoo!

No problem on the PMs!

easttn
08/03/2005, 03:59 PM
Just curious Mel, what do you put the sauce on if you don't do meat?

bkv1997
08/03/2005, 04:07 PM
I have grilled some Corn and veggies before.

But never put BBQ sauce on them :confused:

Im interested now, please do tell.

EvilMel
08/04/2005, 08:01 AM
Charles, you know I eat poultry and fish! BUT...you can make BarBQ tofu very easily. My vegan friend in high school used to do it all the time. It's not bad if you do it right.

I meant that yah there's no meat in the sauce so everyone could enjoy it. We have some vegetarians in the club now (though to be honest I am not sure if there are coming to the meeting or not).