PDA

View Full Version : suicide GBTA

dpeek
07/25/2005, 04:52 PM
I think my GBTA is trying to kill itself. I got him two days ago and he looked very healthy. Drip acclimated him for at least and hour and a half. The first few hours in the tank he looked wonderful, bright, almost flourescent green, escpecially the oral disc,with a dark pink foot. Upon entry the ocellaris clowns were very interested and they were both "sleeping" in him when i went to bed. That night he crawled under the rockwork and now is fairly shriveled. Does anybody have any insinght as to why he may not be happy, or is this just him still getting acclimated to my lights.

I have a 55 gallon with 260 watt pc's (similar to the lights he was under in the LFS), good water flow and no nitrates, ammonia, nitrites, phosphates. pH is 8.2

Thanks

SVXH6
07/25/2005, 05:54 PM
hes just getting acclimated to the tank. give it a little time, the clowns might be bothering him too.

dpeek
07/26/2005, 10:39 PM
how long should it be before he comes back up, he is still colored nicely be deflates and inflates occasioanally.

macman7010
07/27/2005, 01:31 PM
they can do that and be just fine, although the clownfish or some other trigger may be stressing him.