PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had crack!

ToddsReef
02/12/2002, 10:44 PM
Tonight I was trying to frag the A. nana and I managed to do so by avalanching the whole right side of my tank and breaking the corals against the glass rather than with hemostats :eek: ...a method worth trying if your short on time.
The huge rock with acros crashed down on top of the green torch driving it into the rocks as the green cap from Gary tumbled into my clam after a ten inch free-fall.
Poor Stoli was here and I think I may have scared him away from the club for good with my more than slightly vulgar lexicon.
Sort of weird seeing all of my acros sitting on a chair in front of the tank...I'll post pics tomorrow (I couldn't resist taking time to get a few pics).
One lesson I will never forget...it pays to have eight (yes Dave, 8) bottles of super glue around for situations such as this (and there are still frags on the sand as I ran out of glue).
All in all the outcome wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...that is if there isn't a huge case of RTN tomorrow:confused:

Todd

Gary Majchrzak
02/13/2002, 01:06 AM
I get crazed when my{rescued} Tomato clownfish knocks over corals!!!That's the thanks I get for saving it's caudal fin! :fish1: :hammer:The only thing worse is causing the disaster myself!!!

ReeferMac
02/13/2002, 07:25 AM
Wow Todd, sorry to hear that.
I think you just prevented me from Re-aquascaping this weekend ;-)

Lemme know if you need a hand, or just something to soothe your nerves. I've been trying to get together with Jamie, maybe have a mini-meet over at my place tonight, I can show you guys my new hood, still waiting for cash for the reflectors.... C'Mon Tax man, I know you've got money for me, if HSBC would get off their Arse and get me my forms, this wouldn't be a project "on hold".

- Mac

cperson
02/13/2002, 08:30 AM
Todd,

Sorry to hear about the avie, man. It's happened to me, but I didn't have any stonies to break. Just was a PIA to fix. Good opportunity to redo the structure.

Maybe you should glue some of the rock structure together so it doesn't topple again. You can usually overcome the glue joints if you want to re-arrange things.

I wonder if we can buy the Quick-tite gel in large quantities to save $$$, maybe have members of the club chip in and buy a 'case' or whatever. Next time I'm in Chase-Pitkin or Home Depot I'll ask.

-Craig

Playfair
02/13/2002, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry, man!!! This didn't happen at about 8:17pm, did it? Had a near fall myself, but was able to shove stuff around temporarily till I stop shaking. Wonder how many bottles of glue come in a case?

Sorry for your frustration, I know how you feel!

Stoli, if you're out there, consider one of your most important reefkeeping lessons learned...

dmorel
02/13/2002, 07:33 PM
I would suggest letting your wife get that super cute sea urchin, then stuff can get knocked over all the time, so when things like this happen, you will be used to it.

Oh wait...it's not any better.

I am in for some of that glue if you guys are scoring a case.
-dm

Zmann
02/13/2002, 08:26 PM
Try checking Grainger's for mass quanitys of super glue. I beleive they sell it in big bottles.

Zmann
02/14/2002, 02:01 PM
By the way Todd, do you really have some??:eek2:

ToddsReef
02/14/2002, 02:12 PM
Jamie,
Are you talking about the sodium hydroxide from Kevin's post? If so, I don't have it but I can get it, but not until a week from this Monday.
Todd

Zmann
02/14/2002, 08:41 PM
NO