PDA

View Full Version : Questions about shipping fish via overnight mail

HOZERTHEBONEFISH
07/25/2005, 07:39 AM
Question to all experts out there. I am contemplating shipping pair of clowns(black saddles) via fedex overnight to a interested party.

1. do I need to use pure oxygen?
2. Should I use cold packs?

Thanks for your help.

Henry

Scuba Oz
07/25/2005, 08:29 AM
All your questions depend on where are they going? I have bought fish online plenty of times and I have received them both with cold paks and heat paks ( and no paks also, so three ways)

I would look into FedEx also, if they know your sending fish, they will reject it, so plan well or call another FedEx somewhere and pretex call them.

I sent a few fish before and re-used the container I got from saltwaterfish.com. I did use oxygen but did not use any paks. I sent it to a friend up in the northern states. It was sprinftime though, so cold paks might be a good idea. My LFS let me use their oxygen and I just packed it real good in the styrofoam.

jgoodrich71
07/25/2005, 03:14 PM
My question is why are you shipping the clowns? For what is going to cost the average person to ship these, they could just buy them or mail order them. I've done this for someone before who wanted something they couldn't find anywhere else. I used Delta Air Cargo and they had to go pick it up at the airport, but it was a lot cheper than FedEx. They still ended up paying twice as much for the freight than the livestock.

spoon671
07/25/2005, 03:23 PM
Maybe the clowns are mated and he's shipping them to a friend.

spoon671
07/25/2005, 03:24 PM
...who lives in a place far far away like Utah, where it is illegal to do anything and where there are no LFS.

Fairfield Reef
08/07/2005, 10:35 AM
Because of situations in the world today, Delta says they won't air cargo unless your a (known) shipper, or thats what they told me