PDA

View Full Version : 2Q's timers and xenia

willember
07/21/2005, 03:21 PM
Two quick questions.

1. When using "natural reef timer" by Aquarium Systems. What interval would you recomend.

2. The little xenia frag I got from the last meeting came off of its rock and driffted off somewhere. I can not find it. Are there any potential problems besides increased ammonia (and a sad owner) if it dies.

bshumake
07/21/2005, 09:38 PM
1. My timer is basically set at the half way point. Oh, is this the one that is a powerstrip and a wave maker, cycling the pumps on and off? If so mine is set half way because I only have 2 MJ1200's plugged in them.
2. Mine did too. I never had any luck keeping them in place unless I sewed them down. No problems from them what-so-ever. Actually, it'll probably show back up in a month, having rooted on a rock and split a few times.

cschumaker
07/21/2005, 10:42 PM
Mine disappeared too, but I haven't written it off yet. I had some once before and thought it was all gone. Then suddenly a few months later it sprouts up one of the rocks. Considering it was a rock in the front of the aquarium where I would have seen it before that, it remains a mystery.

willember
07/22/2005, 08:47 AM
You 2 surely are 'nutha mutha bruthas..

memphisrb
07/22/2005, 12:53 PM
I usually put xenia on the sand with a small rock on top of its stem and it will attach in a couple of days to the rock,anyway, I have some ill be glad to give ya at if you cant find yours.rb

bshumake
07/22/2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by memphisrb
I usually put xenia on the sand with a small rock on top of its stem and it will attach in a couple of days to the rock,anyway, I have some ill be glad to give ya at if you cant find yours.rb
Hey where are you located at in Cordova? I'm in the gardens of berryhill.

cschumaker
07/22/2005, 07:34 PM
Where did you disappear to Willem? I wasn't putting you off, but thought you were going to come with us to see some of the cool stuff Dave has going on in the back.

memphisrb
07/23/2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by bshumake
Hey where are you located at in Cordova? I'm in the gardens of berryhill.

just around the corner in Riverwood.rb

bshumake
07/23/2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by memphisrb
just around the corner in Riverwood.rb
Well well now. What say we check out eachothers tanks? PM me.

willember
07/24/2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by cschumaker
Where did you disappear to Willem? I wasn't putting you off, but thought you were going to come with us to see some of the cool stuff Dave has going on in the back.

I had been there a while and had to go back to work. I looked for you to say 'see ya later' but you were in the back. I got to see the back the week before... pretty cool, huh?

cschumaker
07/24/2005, 10:14 PM
Yep, and it gave me ideas for the basement. Don't tell my wife though.

Reefdiver77
07/25/2005, 11:40 PM
I tied my Xenia down to a piece of branching liverock. Used fishing line and it attached. I cut off the line and it is doing great. Pulsing away!