PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Heat

BdaSquid
07/17/2005, 07:52 PM
Hi.

Listen you Bermuda Reefers. Let's get to posting!!! I want to hear your stories too...not just at the meetings. Need DSL? Wanna share my link....need a hotspot?

How did the power outage affect your tanks? My E6 in the office suffered a bit. Three days of 85 to 95 degree temperatures caused cloudy water, cringed polyps and wilted discosomas. The CB shrimps and small fishies are OK. I had to move the tank into one of our controlled enviroment rooms temporarily. It's recovering slowly.....I think. Also, there was a small avalanche in this small tank. Re-aquascaping with few fresh pieces of rocks must occur sometime soon.

Oh well...

BdaSquid
07/23/2005, 08:06 PM
Reefers!

After a week in sub a sub 80 degree controlled enviroment, the tank critters are flourishing again.
The inverts are wide open and bleached surfaces of the zoos are regaining colour.

The lil fish are not panting anywmore.

The female"pregnant" CB shrimp molted again. She was very transparent and listless. Missed the "live" molt! I was proud of the male CB shrimp. He stood guard and swiped at the sergeant major and the bluehead if they came too near his mate. It still amazes me at feeding time. If he gets the food first, she comes to him and gently takes it away. No squabble! He just finds another lump of food for himself.

I hope to get a hold of a 30L gallon tank soom. I'll have to get a mod stand and hood to match the dining/living room furniture.

BdaSquid
07/23/2005, 08:11 PM
Is it my laptop? Everytime I type a long message, The cursor jumps to a previous line and distorts a sentence. I dunno! Dude you're gettin a D**L. (That's the type of PC I'm using). Now it's not doing it....grrrrr!

Still hogging the ocean for a spanish hogfish...very small please.

BdaSquid
08/22/2005, 07:05 PM
specimens. I got a very cardinal fish this afternoon. Within twenty minutes, it was gasping for air. It died before I could get in 78 F water at home. Man! I used to keep fish in jars for hours. I lost a nine-line goby last week the same way. I will be travelling with my battery air pump and few ice cubes. (kidding)