PDA

View Full Version : Water Locations needed please

smarls
07/15/2005, 07:42 PM
Hi, been a while since I have been on here...busy busy busy.

Anyways, before Nippon closed its doors, I filled up pretty much anything I had that could carry water (both Salt and RODI) and my wee 55 gallon has been living off this stockpile ever since.

However, it was inevitable, I have run out of water!

Is there anywhere left in SF that carries RODI, and preferably that also carries salt water (Catalina Water)? Worst case is that I need RODI, and can again start the process of mixing my own water...although I would rather avoid this.

Thanks,

Stewart

Jpizzle
07/15/2005, 08:18 PM
I think 6th ave. aquarium might?

don't know for sure. Even if they did you shouldn't support them.. but also I doubt they stock catalina water.

Only place I know for sure does is Aquascene in Hayward. Other places get their stuff from long beach.. lol.

honestly.. I know you don't want to hear it.. but its much more economical to make your own water and mix it. Only downside is intial cost (you make it up quick) but you need the physical space for the RO unit and the trash cans for holding water.

its cheaper... plus you know the quality of your water.. whereas buying it from a LFS.. you could be getting who knows what.

Skorpinok
07/15/2005, 08:37 PM
Yes, 6th avenue does carry salt and ro water. Not sure if the salt is catalina though - The owner's name is Dave, I think.

Also, Tropical Reef Aquarium (TRA) also carry Catalina Salt Water - They have the catalina certification on top of the saltwater container, 79 cent a gallon if I recall - Talk to the owner, her name is Grace.

I think TRA is cheaper. I go there for salt and some of my friends - easier in parking as well.

cantseered
07/15/2005, 11:40 PM
place on taravel has it.. catalina its a block up from the post office

Jonovan02
07/15/2005, 11:46 PM
Since I need to replace my DI resin in my unit. I've been buying RO water from a water store on Grand Ave in SSF. When I test it on my TDS meter it always reads 1ppm and so far so good. No cyano out breaks or anything. HTH.
Gabe

DarkXerox
07/15/2005, 11:58 PM
Well if you want to make the trip over the bridge, Lucky Goldfish in Oakland has filtered seawater (I think the same guy supplies most of NorCal) and I've been using it for 3 years.