PDA

View Full Version : Bored and broke... Need advice. Video games?

SHOmuchFUN
07/15/2005, 08:30 AM
Well... I've been pretty broke as of lately. I bought a 1994 Mustang Convertible, have had to take some time off work (without pay as I'm a temp. employee for the state) due to the holidays and get-togethers, bills keep rolling in, rent is due in a few weeks, and gas is getting pretty expensive just to "go for a drive".

I figured I'd just stay pretty close to home this weekend and find something cheap to do. It's been a while since I've played my playstation2, so I was thinking of renting a game at the local video store and playing a video game or something. Obviously, I'll get out to stretch, maybe take a jog, or walk the dog or something to get out and get some exercise as an intermission or something :lol:

So, I guess the advice I'm looking for is, what would a good video game be to rent? I'm into just about everything but the RPG games. I like sports games (I hear Tiger Woods golf is good, although I can't stand him), I like shooter games (I think Half Life was/is my favorite game of all time), and I also like games like Mario Brothers, Tetris, etc.

Anybody have any good suggestions that'll engage me for more than an hour?

Blindmelonbob
07/15/2005, 09:08 AM
Have you looked into the 'Hot Coffee' mod for GTA:SA?

SHOmuchFUN
07/15/2005, 09:21 AM
What's that?
I have GTA Vice City... Little bored with it though.

cadams
07/15/2005, 09:24 AM
half life 2 is pretty reasonably priced these days ... more $ than a rental, but you'll get the use out of it i'm sure. I'm a CS junkie.

have you thought about the financial freedom offered by the selling of various bodily fluids? I'm sure you got nice kidneys .... that'll go for a mint.

Blindmelonbob
07/15/2005, 09:28 AM
Sorry, after reading a bit more about it, it's for the PC version. It's a patch that adds graphic sex scenes to the game, and it's under a lot of public (pubic?) scrutiny right now.

SHOmuchFUN
07/15/2005, 09:50 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm. Pubic scrutiny :D
I'd probably get a lot of that if I sold some bodily fluids.

bigdee65
07/15/2005, 10:08 AM
Tiger Woods 2005 is an awsome game. I played that for close to 3 weeks without playing anything else. I don't like Tiger either, but you don't have to play as him. GTA SA is a great game but I got a little bored with it. I also have Grand Turismo 4 which is a great game if you like racers.

thrlride
07/15/2005, 11:18 AM
I've been wanting to try Destroy All Humans but it didn't get wonderful reviews.

chipmunk
07/15/2005, 01:34 PM
If I were bored and broke, I'd spend that down time looking for a perm job. :)

SHOmuchFUN
07/15/2005, 01:41 PM
Already done...
I started last Monday.

alphaferret
07/15/2005, 01:48 PM
i am playin a demo of battlefield2 modern compat on xbox live- i don't know if they have it for ps2 - but it is cool game- 12vs 12 mon xbox live

Ericp2311
07/15/2005, 02:37 PM
How about Final Fantasy X or X-2?

I'm a HUGE FF addict!

Eric

griss
07/15/2005, 02:41 PM
The Medal of Honor games are pretty good FPS WWII games. Any of the Ghost Recon games are awesome FPS games. The Baldur's Gate games are good hack and slash senseless violence games.

jlehigh
07/15/2005, 02:44 PM
Pay Attention because the advice I am giving you will solve ALL of your problems:

Sell that POS PS2 and buy an xbox with "live" and Halo2. All of your troubles will fade into the glory of Master Chief.

SHOmuchFUN
07/15/2005, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I'd love to try Halo... But I find the XBOX controllers clunky and cumbersome. I bought my PS2 a long time ago anyway... I'm stuck with it.

smonroe
07/15/2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by jlehigh
All of your troubles will fade into the glory of Master Chief.

that is until your significant other starts wanting more time with you and then your troubles will go through the roof! j/k

alphaferret
07/15/2005, 02:49 PM
they have s type contolers- you are right the big contolers were bad - most livers use the s type much smaller
i got live on xbox- now i don't buy games unless they are xbox live capable

DizziDezi2
07/15/2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by thrlride
I've been wanting to try Destroy All Humans but it didn't get wonderful reviews.

Ive been wanting to play that too. I think a new metal slug just came out.