PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Lumenarc 3 Reflectors

awcurl
07/14/2005, 09:03 PM
Since I'm upgrading my system I decided to also upgrade my reflectors using the Diamond Lumenarc 3 reflectors. These reflectors are pretty costly, but I was able to locate a online auction site for items seized by police that auctions these reflectors regularly. They are so efficient they are the favorite of Marijuana growers also. You usually can pick these up for under $30.00. They also have a large assortment of MH ballast that can be picked up cheap too
http://www.propertyroom.com/

Here is an article by SANJAY JOSHI & TIMOTHY MARKS about reflectors

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/mar2003/feature.htm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/awcurl/Lumen_III-GBothA.jpg

Diamond Lumenarc 3
High Performance Reflectivity

Diamond’s high performance LumenArc® 3 has changed the way grower’s use H.I.D. lighting. The L3 is designed to be more effective and easier to use by eliminating the need to constantly adjust the height of the reflector above the growing area. It delivers an intense and more precise light distribution pattern over a significantly broader area at higher ceiling heights than conventional reflectors are capable of . It is constructed from lightweight specular aluminum and features 12 optically engineered facets surrounding the lamp. It also features an adjustable socket assembly that is capable of centering high wattage Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium lamps within the reflector.The hood dimensions are 19.5� x 19.5� x 8.5� tall. Including the socket assembly, the reflector weighs only 12 pounds and hangs evenly from it’s mounting bracket

cee
07/14/2005, 09:08 PM
Or, if you have the materials, you can build your own. Were you able to get them for $30 (those sites have been on RC for awhile)?

Dave

awcurl
07/14/2005, 09:20 PM
Dave, I wouldn't have listed the info if I hadn't used them and can speak personally about the experience; ). I bought four reflectors from them. $23, $25, $27, and $35.

cee
07/14/2005, 09:21 PM
Wow, that's like four for the price of one!

simon.007
07/14/2005, 09:26 PM
I cannot find it. What do you put in the search ?

Thanks in advance.

awcurl
07/14/2005, 09:26 PM
The key is to try and buy them all on the same day. They will combine for shipping them if you do. If you don't you pay a lot more for shipping.

Dear member,

Thank you for providing StealitBack.com's Customer Service department with
the opportunity to be of service to you. It is our sincere hope that you are
completely satisfied with the service provided to you.

On a daily basis, we run a report that show which items can and should be
combined. Please note, that when combining items we take the following into
consideration:

AUCTION RIOT JEWELERY IS NOT COMBINED

We only combine items that close on the same day and are shipping from the same warehouse.

We only combine if the new shipping charges are less than the previous
charges

We will combine like items to limit potential damage (e.g. Glass items will
not be combined with tools, jewelry is only combined with other jewelry)

Items will be insured if there combined value is over $1,000

The total price for shipping the items is broken down amongst the number of items shipped in the box.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you,
Chris.

awcurl
07/14/2005, 09:38 PM
In the search box type " Silver Grow Light Hood "

imsqueak
07/14/2005, 10:33 PM
If the cops follow the sales of this stuff and come visit you, you HAVE TO let us know how it goes. Start planning your lines now and have a good time with them :lol: Make sure you get it on tape though... ;)

TriMax
07/20/2005, 07:34 AM
Art

I bought some. In fact I bought one more than I had planned. I had to pay a bit more than you did however. If anyone wants a single reflector, let me know. Will report back when they arrive and I get them installed.

Eddie

RevHtree
07/20/2005, 08:22 AM
Cool Site...

Look at this link please and tell me if this will run a 400w MH bulb..

http://www.propertyroom.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=62010504&prmenbr=31895249&aunbr=62357214#1

cee
07/20/2005, 11:56 AM
That is a 1000W ballast. A 400 W bulb will blow up in that fixture. There are 1000 W bulbs available for reef tanks, however. Helios makes one at 20k that I'm aware of, and there may be others.

Dave

awcurl
07/20/2005, 12:50 PM
Hey Eddie, In case you didn't know the reflectors come with the mogul assembly and you can even adjust the bulbs position within the reflector to get the best light spread.

When I bid on mine, I received a pm on RC asking if it was me bidding. It turned out a guy that I did a frag swap with was bidding against me and then realized who I was. He quit bidding and waited until the next batch came up.

ATB USA
07/20/2005, 01:19 PM
so how was the condition of the reflector when you got them?

awcurl
07/20/2005, 01:51 PM
Of the 4 I bought 2 were like new just dusty and of the other 2, 1 had a small dent that was easily pushed out and the other had the a few surface scratches. I was well pleased.

TriMax
07/20/2005, 07:33 PM
Art

So the reflector and the mogul. Any wiring. Does it come with someone to put it together for me, poor me. Of yea, Charles is helping with that task.

You guys and guysets sure have been helpful to an old new guy.

Thanks

Eddie

awcurl
07/20/2005, 07:38 PM
They have the wire cut at the back of the mogul housing, but it's easily replaced.

cee
07/20/2005, 07:52 PM
If you need any multi-conductor wire, I have some tray rated (high temperature, fire retardant) wire you can have. If Charles is unavailable, I'd be more than happy to help you out (that's what I do for a living as a EE).

Dave

Pandarian
07/20/2005, 07:55 PM
Great link Art. I've been wanting those reflectors for a while now. They've been out of my price range though. Btw, how much are you paying for shipping?

Eddie, how much do you want for that single one?

TriMax
07/20/2005, 09:35 PM
yellowboyviet

I paid $50 plus 27 something for shipping I think. Let me see what the total iswhen they arrive. Art said that they may combine some of the shipping cost, but they indicated to me that they did not for the grow lights. I will give you a price, if you are interested, when I see how much I paid. PM me if you think you might be interested.

Eddie

awcurl
07/21/2005, 05:39 AM
As long as you purchase them on the same day and they are shipped from the same location they will combine for shipping.

To: Art Curl

Regarding your recent order for the following item:

Item Number: 0025-008571
Description: Silver Grow Light Hood
Item Amount: 23.00

Shipping: 11.62
Handling: 3.95

Sales Tax: 0.00

Silencer
07/21/2005, 06:05 PM
So these lights DO come with the adjustable socket bracket thing? I want to order 3 of these but the site is somewhat vague as to what is included.

I'm just worried about the adjustable socket bracket thing that the socket attaches to that lets you adjust the position of the bulb, the actual socket and reflector mounting stuff isn't a big deal (as sockets are cheap and I'll have to custom mount the reflector in my canopy anyways).

Thanks.