PDA

View Full Version : Help me out, which is better?

ReefXpert
07/11/2005, 10:01 PM
Cingular, T-Mobile, or Verizon. In terms of geo coverage and signals only please (not customer service or plan rate). Thanks.

Scuba_Dave
07/11/2005, 10:02 PM
depends upon your specific location. My work nextel doesn't work in my house, but it does out front

clavery
07/11/2005, 10:02 PM
Depends on where you live, but Verizon is the best in the NY area.

ReefXpert
07/11/2005, 10:05 PM
In Sacramento / San Francisco area. Thanks.

Don_Gnomio
07/11/2005, 10:10 PM
over here in florida, i have had all three, and cingular was the best(i currently have t-mobile) verizon was very good also, and t-mobile is horrible, i rarely get reception in my house or big buildings.....

ReefXpert
07/11/2005, 10:12 PM
oh, by the way, i do travel around too, so any comment is welcome, thanks.

Sugar Magnolia
07/11/2005, 10:20 PM
If it's rural at all, Verizon beats them all hands down. I'm rural and the others don't have nearly as many towers as Verizon.

MrSandman
07/11/2005, 10:43 PM
Check out www.howardforums.com. In each providers forum there is a "coverage" sub-forum. Threads there are organized by city/region. For example, here is a forum for T-Mobile coverage: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202

pnosko
07/11/2005, 11:17 PM
MrSandman, that is about as ugly as they come.

beerguy
07/12/2005, 10:41 AM
ReefXpert - I live in Sacramento and often travel to the bay. I use Cingular and it's pretty good. Verizon (my wife's carrier) is probably better in the bay area but both work pretty well.

I like Cingular because they use GSM and I'm a techno-geek.

cadams
07/12/2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by beerguy
ReefXpert - I live in Sacramento and often travel to the bay. I use Cingular and it's pretty good. Verizon (my wife's carrier) is probably better in the bay area but both work pretty well.

I like Cingular because they use GSM and I'm a techno-geek.

i'm with this guy. I have cingular and love it. ANd now that they've merged with ATT their coverage is very respectable. The phone switches back and forth betwen the 2 networks depending on signal strength. On the 1st or 2nd floor of my home, I'm on cingular, but in the basement it switched to ATT automatically.

Also, a friend of mine who lives out in BFE has verison because at the time, it was the only cell carreir that worked that far out of city limits. I switched to cingular Jan of this year and I get a stronger signal out at his house than he does.

I'd say its a toss up betwen verison and cingular. So you'll have to compare plans prolly.

ReefXpert
07/12/2005, 11:27 AM
Verizon seems to be a little more expensive...

BLKTANG
07/12/2005, 11:28 AM
None of those even come close to Verizon,IMO.I can use my cell anywhere even in an elevator in NYC.

mike4271
07/12/2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by pnosko

I think I've seen that guys wife and child in another avitar??:lol:

beerguy
07/12/2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by EXPEDITION
None of those even come close to Verizon,IMO.I can use my cell anywhere even in an elevator in NYC.

Considering he needs reception in the Sacramento and San Fran area, that's probably not a big consideration.

:lol:

MrSandman
07/12/2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by pnosko
Yeah, strangely enough it resembles my neighbor on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of football season.

Dolfan0925
07/12/2005, 01:42 PM
If you get t-mobile you will stab yourself in the head later. Since I've signed the contract I've attempted suicide about 15 times.

AKA T-Mobile sucks worse than a Viper engine powered vaccuum cleaner.

masson
07/12/2005, 03:31 PM
I used my cingular phone in california anywhere, never had a bad signal. I even used it in elevators and in my hotel room ( not having to stick my had outside the window like i used to) :) I dont get service in my house. But no one does, not even verizon.

thrlride
07/12/2005, 03:32 PM
I have expience with Nextel, verizon and cingular. All three had their issues. I will probably go back to Cingular after my Nextel is gone.