PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer going nuts

jay24k
07/10/2005, 09:21 PM
My G3 ASM skimmer all of a sudden began to overflow. I haven't fed the tank that day at all. I haven't adjusted it in awhile either. The only thing that I did was paint our kitchen which is the next room over. Can the fumes cause the skimmer to go nuts? I haven't got any skimmate in 24 hours. This evening, I pulled it out and gave it a good cleaning and made sure the air hose wasn't plugged.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Even adjusting the tube lower to where the foam is 1 inch above the neck is not showing any skimmate.

JoeMack
07/10/2005, 09:33 PM
if you gave it a good cleaning it may take a while to start skimming again. I know fumes can cause a tank to start to crash. How is the smell in that room? Can you smell the paint? hrmmm. Remember that the skimmer puts whats in the air in the tank. Maybe open some windows? I don't know how hot it gets, but try and air out the place. Thats all I can think of. All just a guess.

jay24k
07/10/2005, 11:00 PM
I can smell it but I don't think it is that bad. When I set my skimmer up the first time, I had skimmate that same day so I'm hoping I see results. Luckily I'm done painting so this smell will go away.