PDA

View Full Version : What is It?

BdaSquid
07/04/2005, 05:03 PM
Hi Reefers.
I caught a "strange" fish at Church Bay the other day. Looked like a goby skirting along the sand. As I approached it, the fish buried in the sand. I scooped the nets on the sand and landed it. Its in my E6 tank and is very shy. At 2", it hides behind the powerhead, dives in the sand and tries to elude the "aggressive" baby bluehead. Brownish...yellowish color with three rows of fins on top and below its body, and even a little horn on the head. No photo. What is it?

BdaSquid
07/14/2005, 05:54 PM
Hello Local Reefers.
I guess y'all are busy harvesting specimens, curing rock or adoring your setups. Please share your thoughts, ideas, experiences - mishapsd perhaps.
Anyway, I lost the funny looking "goby' like fish. I took all the "rock work" out of the Eclipse 6 to re-aquascape with some arches for the CB shrimps. They can now hang upside down and crawl under and around the reef instead of OVER it only. Well, two days later during the morning feeding time, the female CB didn't come to the front as usual. I peeked at the back of the tank and saw the head of the fish in its mouth!
Still seeking a very smal spanish hogfish. Holla if u got a spare!

BdaSquid
08/22/2005, 06:59 PM
Razorfish! It was very different from its adult phase. It looked like a stray leaf or piece of algae moving in the current near the sandy bottom. Oh well...its in fish heaven now.