View Full Version : what else can i add

pong
06/23/2005, 12:11 PM
i have a 2 inch undulated trigger...
a 1 inch picasso...
a 3 inch rock blenny...
a 4 inch dragon wrasse...
and a couple of 3 stripe damsels...

some may say that the picasso and the undulated will kill each other... they live on their own sides of the tank and when they meet, they dont bite or attack each other...

what worries me is that some damsels attack each other...

what could i still add?
its in a 120 gal tank.

kbmdale
06/23/2005, 12:21 PM
chromis's....they school real nice and do good in odd numbers for some reason, i would try to get rid of thE damsels if at all possible, they will always fight and be aggressive...........
im not really sure what else is compatible with the trigger and picasso, and i dont know what ur dragon wrasse eats, but if i doesnt eat pods, a mandarin is always a nice addition, if u have the setup to sustain it (sump/fuge for ample pods) FWIW,
Brianna:rollface:

BTTRFLYGRL
06/23/2005, 12:21 PM
NO, NO,NO!!!
do not add anymore fish, you are maxed out. A good rule for a peaceful tank is 1" of fish per 5 gallons. the Triggers may be okay now, but they are babies. They will grow and become very mean and the Undeluted is one of if not the meanest! they WILL eat your Damsels and any other small fish you put in.
I have a 125 and I have

1Raccoon Butterfly
1 Iridis Wrasse
1 Twinspot hogfish
2 Argi Angels
1 False. percula Clownfish
The Raccoon will be the largest at 8" the rest are under 4"
Your Triggers will get to a foot as will yor Dragon Wrasse who is also known to be aggresive. I wouldn't see about what I could add if I were you, I would start removing!!
good luck to you

BTTRFLYGRL
06/23/2005, 12:23 PM
Yikes!!! I dont type fast enough. Do not add a Mandrin!! high mantinance and small and timid..WILL DIE WITH THESE FISH

kbmdale
06/23/2005, 12:28 PM
ok follow kimhardie's advice, obviously she knows what she's talking about!!

pong
06/23/2005, 12:34 PM
hahaha tnx!
im planning to give away my dragon wrasse... it regularly disturbs the sand and creates a small sandstorm making my tank look dirty all the time... im planning to go with chromis and the little schooling fishes...

BTTRFLYGRL
06/23/2005, 12:43 PM
Your Triggers will kill them when they get bigger

gallivanmk
06/23/2005, 01:04 PM
I agree. Mandarins are cool fish, but you can't put anything that small with a trigger (including chromis) unless you are just feeding them. They will kill all your small fish eventually. Go down to the Aggressive Tank section and listen to their responses. You will hear the same thing.

pong
06/24/2005, 01:00 PM
oh ok... i just had a tank "reset"... this is the reason why im stocking up on hardy fishes...

little triggers and damsels to check the water out... eventually will give the damsels away and go with a 2 trigger tank or maybe 3

Nuhtty
06/24/2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by KIMHARDIE
Your Triggers will kill them when they get bigger

The undulate will kill everything when it gets bigger. The picasso just may be ok.

Undulates are arguably the most aggressive fish that the aquarium owner can have...this is according to many reputable sources (fenner, michaels to name a few)

Nuhtty
06/24/2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pong
oh ok... i just had a tank "reset"... this is the reason why im stocking up on hardy fishes...

little triggers and damsels to check the water out... eventually will give the damsels away and go with a 2 trigger tank or maybe 3

3 triggers?

you need to do your research.

triggers get big
triggers can get mean
triggers can get messy

they are great fish, but have special needs that you have to be aware of

i would highly suggest investing in a book about aquarium fish. do an amazon search for Scott Michaels

AriZonaD54
06/24/2005, 06:07 PM
Yea unfortunetly your good luck with your trigger is exactly that.. luck. But sooner or later they will show their true nature and become total..

JERKS!!!

Be ware. :/

BTTRFLYGRL
06/24/2005, 07:29 PM
Pong. Youve got some very good advice here. If you must have a Trigger, limit it to one. The Blue Throat, to me , would be a better choice. The Undeluted will be a hell raiser and will end up being the lone fish in your tank. Read up on these cool fish and see what your in for. Dont overstock- you have to go by the fishes full grown size not size at purchase. you will be in for a lot of diapointment with your current stocking list. research before you buy!!

jimbo045
06/25/2005, 04:57 PM
Spotted Mandarine, Pajama Cardinal, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown.