PDA

View Full Version : will this be ok?

aqua5
06/21/2005, 04:33 PM
i am thinking about getting the 36'' corallife fixture with the one 150 HQI DE (10k)and 2x96watt PC's.all i have are zoo's,shrooms,toadstool,hammer,frogspawn etc. will they be bleached by the MH?for the first few weeks should i put screening and eggcrate over the water surface?it is on a 40 gallon tank with a 10 gallon sump but will be upgraded to around a 20 soon, will i have heat issues and if i do should i just add a clip on fan to the tank?

thanks

appellativo
06/21/2005, 04:41 PM
is your canopy closed? do you have fans installed into the canopy? you should probably plan on having a fan if its enclosed. even though its only 150 watts...i would do something in the way of slowly acclimating them to more light but not sure if the best way is eggcrate, or maybe less on-time. i'll tag along because I am about to upgrade to MH from pc's.

djmuzzi
06/21/2005, 05:11 PM
If you can elevate the fixture about a foot, that would be the best. Then slowly lower the fixture over time.

aqua5
06/21/2005, 05:19 PM
i meant put screening over the eggcrate (15 layers or so) and then remove one layer a day.

will this work?