PDA

View Full Version : disgusted with roadrunner service

Gary Majchrzak
06/20/2005, 11:23 PM
I've been having troubles with my rr service for the past three weeks. Tech #3 will be looking into the problem sometime later this week. I don't usually get annoyed, but this is ridiculous. Anybody else experiencing difficulties lately?

vitaldefect001
06/20/2005, 11:46 PM
just like a week ago, when alot of places were out, but got it back with in like 3 hours...

wildskis
06/21/2005, 04:42 AM
If it makes you feel any better, my service goes out every time it rains hard..........

Gary Majchrzak
06/21/2005, 04:52 AM
I need to unplug my modem for a few minutes every time I want to get on the internet.
Does this mean the modem is bad?

PCIALF
06/21/2005, 04:52 AM
DSL!!!
Thats why I switched plus 29.95 for 2 yrs. with no commitment then get Dish Network for 19.95 and good bye Time Warner. They just don't care. I had it with them every time it rained or whatever the excuse was. 1 guy comes out and says signal to high goning to send field service out they come lower the signal next tech comes and says signal to low and puts a power booster in my house finally I said ENOUGH and we became a Delaer for Dish and Frontier. End of Story.

Sorry got me going again on Time Warner

Gary Majchrzak
06/21/2005, 04:55 AM
Believe me... I feel your pain.

ReefLurker
06/21/2005, 05:31 AM
Gary, I had a few issues with Road Runner two years ago and switched to DSL. Once I was hooked up to DSL, it was nothing but headache for the first two months. After about 20 phone calls to the Verizon Tech Support (Which is located in London Ontario), they finally told me that I was outside the "18,000' loop length". They verified this with a Signal Line Synch Reading which basically meant (according to a supervisor) that I could maintain my service with them, but they would not support me with any tech issues pertaining to the poor service.

I wasnt pleased that Verizon initially told me.."Sure...DSL is availalble for your Phone". After two years of struggles, I returned to RoadRunner and everything has worked smoothly for the past 2 months.

If your having struggles with having to initialize your modem often, I would suspect the modem or an interuption of service due to possible cable issues on the outside of your home. Keep the pressure on them, and I suspect they will eventually switch you to another modem. My experience has been they leave the obvious choices...for the last to check out.

zanclus
06/21/2005, 06:50 AM
I had the same problem with Time Warner. Roadrunner was constantly going out. After what must have been tech # 15 I pulled the plug on the service. They changed my modem 4 times and did constant work on the pole,but again service would go out.Was starting t o think my roadrunner service had a better social life than I did being out so much. I now have DSL and Directv. and I pay less to Verizon and Directv combined than i was to TIme Warner.

ri
06/21/2005, 07:02 AM
No problems with RR here and I have anywhere from four to six machines running all the time. My weather station uploads data every 10 minutes and has since February. The only outage is when the XP box looses connection to the wx receiver - no problems maintaining connection to the website.

I did have a connectivity issue a while back - turned out to be my Linksys cable router. Once I replaced it, everything has been fine.

As far as DSL, it is not yet available in my neighborhood so thankfully, RR has been stable for me.

ri

^CelticReefer^
06/21/2005, 07:10 AM
I have never had a problem with mine in the 5 years I've had it. And I am right at the time warner/adelphia border.

Brian

MarksReef
06/21/2005, 09:19 AM
I've had R.R. for years. I've had a few problems but they were fixed with minimal down time. They had to replace the pole line and replace my old modem with the new one. I've been running ok since then.

Jedistphn
06/21/2005, 09:25 AM
I have used frontier DSL for a few years and have no complaints. Very rarley does it go down, and the support has been great.
JMO

jedi

captain7359
06/21/2005, 09:36 AM
Gary, I was having problems with mine being out last month. We moved and I had them give us a new box and I was still having trouble. They did some dos commands to reset the ip and it has been fine since. did you check all your connections?

mirski57
06/21/2005, 09:40 AM
I don't live too far from you Gary, right in Gates on Lyell rd. I've used it for years, way back when it was still in "trial" period. Only time I had trouble is when I split the signal up too much. (7 TV's and 6 computers) all feeding off of the one coax into the house; but even that has been fixed.

So to answer your question, I've had no troubles with RoadRunner service and love it.

Bill W

downset
06/21/2005, 03:22 PM
Gary I had the same problems as you make them come give you a new modem i did and t stopped

Ps I hate TW too

Gary Majchrzak
06/21/2005, 05:56 PM
I did the "modem reboot" to get online just now.
Tech #2 and 3 went over all connections (that's what they claimed was the problem).
A CSR for rr in Canada(!) remotely diagnosed our modem as "bad".
Maybe I can convince the next TW tech to swap it out. At the very least... it might eliminate the modem as a suspect.

Gary Majchrzak
06/23/2005, 08:41 PM
Modem replaced.. problem solved. Amazing, eh? :spin3:

sailfinreef
06/23/2005, 09:12 PM
amazing, absolutly amazing. I think it is more irritating when there is a problem and they insist your wrong then when they actually figure it out you were right the whole time. I had a problem with adelphia when I first got powerlink and I told them I would cancel everything and go to the library for internet access. it didnt work but it sounded very ignorant haha. Im glad your up and running again.

Jaffa
06/23/2005, 10:29 PM
RR has been quite reliable for us. We also have digital cable and we are getting digital phone, so if Time Warner goes down we're coming with it!

jcanute
06/24/2005, 08:19 AM
we had rr. it worked well for us. we just switched to dsl. cant see a differance in performance. saved us money because tel, long distance tel, dish network, and dsl are all one payment. i did just have a weird thing happen. urs is our home page and the other day it would not load up. i thought the site was down. i finally went through the rc site and urs loaded. tryed today and urs came up fine. strange. it drove me nuts.

Kent E
06/24/2005, 11:39 AM
I have this love-hate thing with technology. I like it but there are the times, like when your spacebarisonthefritzandyourwordsbecomeverylongandknowoneknowswhatyouarewriting. Stuff like that drives me nuts!

jcanute
06/24/2005, 11:51 AM
cool! that can be the urs code. no spaces.

downset
06/24/2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Gary Majchrzak
Modem replaced.. problem solved. Amazing, eh? :spin3:

:)