PDA

View Full Version : What fish can go with clown trigger??

tangy1
06/20/2005, 08:01 PM
I have been reading a lot of posts about the clown trigger and understand there aggression.
My question is what fish can go with a clown trigger??
just curious.

ledford1
06/21/2005, 08:45 AM
You could keep a CT with other aggressive tankmates while the CT is young, but as it matures, it will become more aggressive and likely to kill its tankmates.

I think CTs are best suited for a species-only tank.

water`bug
06/21/2005, 07:50 PM
I can't help you in finding your Clown Trigger a playmate, but I can suggest you not put it in with a Puffer.

I watched in horror, a Puffer attacking a Clown Trigger during feeding at a LFS, messed up the CT. Went right for his mouth!

Good luck!

donna in New Orleans

Zoom
06/21/2005, 09:48 PM
I have a 9" Tusk with a 7" Clown trigger now for two years in a FOWLR tank they fight some but nothing big.
You can see them in my Gallery.

Thurge
06/22/2005, 04:02 AM
Clowns are like Mike Tyson.
They start out managable, but eventually they just become psychotic.

JENnKerry
06/22/2005, 10:00 AM
Maybe a lionfish? I know alot of people keep foxfaces with aggressive tanks.
What size tank are we talking about? If it's big enough, maybe an aggressive large angel like the passer.

Wolverine
06/25/2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by JENnKerry
Maybe a lionfish? I know alot of people keep foxfaces with aggressive tanks.
What size tank are we talking about? If it's big enough, maybe an aggressive large angel like the passer.

Horrible idea. Lionfish often get killed by triggers. The triggers will eat their way down the spines.

Dave

JENnKerry
06/25/2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Wolverine
Horrible idea. Lionfish often get killed by triggers. The triggers will eat their way down the spines.

Dave

See that I didn't know. I've seen lots of tanks that house triggers with lions. So what about the foxface then?