PDA

View Full Version : anyone own one of these?

Chrash236
06/20/2005, 01:05 PM
I need to buy a new refactometer and I came across this has anyone ever used one? If so how do you like it? or don't!

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=JBJ-TSS&Category_Code=Hydrometer

Anyone have suggestions on which one to buy?

Thanks

Chrash236
06/22/2005, 09:31 PM
Bump no one, anyone have any thoughts?

Avi
06/22/2005, 09:33 PM
I'm taking the ride with you

wrassie86
06/23/2005, 12:02 AM
I have a thought,it looks pretty nice,abit pricey compared to a regular refractometer.i did not read the ad, but i bet you would still have to take a glass of water out the tank to mesure it.cause i'm willing to bet it is prone to ele interference just like a hand held ph meter,altho i maybe wrong about that.but seems like a pretty penny to pay to not have to look through an eye piece:)

Oh i read the ad..one thing i dont like is the fact it has to be calibrated with a soulition you have to buy..

Avi
06/23/2005, 06:32 AM
With all there is to take care of a reef of over a hunded gallons properly, that's signing on for one of those chores that doesn't seem like I'd want to do it. I'm good, but that's just a bit more of a hassle than its worth at the price.

Chrash236
06/23/2005, 09:57 AM
So what refractometer would you buy I need to buy a new one?

wrassie86
06/23/2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Chrash236
So what refractometer would you buy I need to buy a new one?

I bought the $45.00 one at premuim aquatics I think it works just fine,maybe one of the more costly one's would be alittle more presice.or its just the extra bells and wistles (lighted display and such)The model # is RHS-10ATC.i know alot people on this board use this model.i dont think ive seen any complaints.