PDA

View Full Version : Drilling plan for 180g - looking for opinions

rdmpe
06/19/2005, 04:28 PM
Anyone want to comment on the drilling plan I've come up with for a custom 180g?

The constraints are that I can only access it from the bottom, not through the sides or over the edge, and it has to be an end overflow.

The plan is that the sump will be fed from the overflow by two 1.5" drains and the return from the sump will be through two 1" returns.

Then there will also be a closed loop fed from a 1.5" in the opposite corner and the closed loop returns will be two 1" pipes with a squid making the water alternate between the two return pipes...

Here is the diagram: http://home.cfl.rr.com/homebrewed/fish/tankbottom_final.jpg

Comments welcom.

Thanks

ekovalsky
06/23/2005, 01:22 AM
I'd like to see the diagram but the link isn't working.

I'm designing a 216g (72 x 24 x 30) tank with similar requirements -- no access from the sides or back so all plumbing must come up through the bottom, much of it through dual oversized corner overflows. In addition to the tank returns and drains, plan is to have the closed loop intakes pass through the overflows also. Preferably there will be one static closed loop, feeding dual spraybars/racks on the bottom to support the rockwork, and another dynamic closed loop operating through a motorized ball valve.

So that means lots of holes to drill! I'm really wanting to do glass with Starphire front panel (most likely Lee Mar) and Euro bracing. But I'll have to consider acrylic too. Hopefully I'll have some quotes in the next week or so. Whether acrylic or glass, this will not be a cheap tank.