PDA

View Full Version : what size sump?

poknsnok
06/19/2005, 07:22 AM
I have a 200 gal fowlr I am turning into a reef. I have made a new canopy to house halides and I have a dual sump system I want to change to a larger single sump. The door to the stand is 36" wide and the available depth of the stand is 21.5". I will break down the 2-sumps and install the single system but I need to figure out the largest possible sump I can install.Is there a formula knowing the available space?? I would think there would be.

spazz
06/19/2005, 10:07 AM
there is a sum calculator on the home page here on r/c it will calculate the gallons of sum you will need for any tank. i would make it large enough to house the extra pumps and equiptment that we all acumulate over time.

poknsnok
06/19/2005, 10:23 AM
thats not so much the question as what length x width can I fit in that area. in other words what will fit in the doors and turn to fit under the sump.

spazz
06/19/2005, 10:27 AM
cut a piece of cardboard the size of the bottom of the sump you want and see if it will fit through the door with out hitting anything. if it does hit, then cut it down untill it fits. then calculate the gallons based on that size sump.