PDA

View Full Version : "please, I Need Everybody's Help On Buying The Least Expensive Calcium Reactor Online

Chaotic Reefer4u
06/19/2005, 12:04 AM
im looking to buy the whole kit, everything included with my purchase! can all of you experienced calcium reactor reefer pals help me with choosing the right one for my 100,gallon reef tank. its a mixxed reef with a little bit of everything. thanx everyone for your help and participation. im wanting to purchase this from a vendor on line! e-tailer. i would like to get everyones help here and point me in the right direction, so i can purchase one tonight.

justin-branam
06/19/2005, 12:27 AM
since you have a 100g and if you dont have to many hard corals/clams, why not go with a kalk reactor right now. that should keep your calcium levels up. much easier to use and much cheaper.

FWIW:
right now i have 19 inches worth of clams and a little 1" monti frag and my calcium was at 425 just using IO salt.

Chaotic Reefer4u
06/19/2005, 12:38 AM
thanx justin branam. anybody else........input please! eventually i wanna put more sps,acropora then what i have in there now, i have 3,clams,montipora cap frag, branching montipora too, i also have lots of lps,softies,i wanna make this a mixxed reef a little bit of everything in it.

Reefvet
06/19/2005, 01:16 AM
If only it were that easy.

Package deals from any of the online vendors tend to be overpriced compared to buying the components separatly.

The best bang for the buck in reactors is a single chamber ReefTek. (http://reeftek.com) Upflow design, couldn't be built better and cheaper than the competition. I can afford any reactor I want and I buy a ReefTek.

You can find the Milwaukee regulator on ebay for $72. The best price on a tank depends on if it has to be shipped or if you can find it locally. A 5 gal. tank runs about $70.

Chaotic Reefer4u
06/19/2005, 01:27 AM
thank you reefvet

Chaotic Reefer4u
06/19/2005, 09:15 AM
to the top!

jsbzmcdaniel
06/19/2005, 01:03 PM
There are numerous non expensive reators out there. If you are handy you can build one yourself for a fraction of the cost of a store bought one. Local reef club members may help build one also. If you prefer the store bought ones check around.

Creetin
06/19/2005, 01:07 PM
I love my mrc, You can get a decent price on one, I shopped around, and actually bought my stuff from a few sponcers here rather than one. It saved me over 100 bux.
I love my mrc its a very nice reactoe, and mrc has very good customer support. Probably the best of all my purchases.

reefkeeper1
06/21/2005, 12:12 AM
Flip a coin to decide whether you want a MRC or a Reeftek. I've owned both types, and I've been very impressed by the products, pricing and customer service from both companies. Andy of MRC and Jorge of Reeftek are also very quick to respond to any product questions.

Chaotic Reefer4u
06/21/2005, 01:08 AM
thanx guys, i decided to go with the premium aquatics geo reactor.

merlock116
06/21/2005, 02:01 AM
ive got a geo and like it alot. i did add a bunch of speedfit ball valves for all the inputs and outputs and a needle valve for effluent control... makes for much easier maintenance and setup

Jiddy
06/22/2005, 12:45 AM
Is that unit come with everythin you need?

Chaotic Reefer4u
06/22/2005, 01:41 AM
yes, it does jiddy.