PDA

View Full Version : AGA megaflow bulkhead????

teamcamelot
06/18/2005, 07:42 PM
We just purchased a All Glass Aquariums Mega flow kit that includes bulkheads. We went to the local hardware and the threads on the bulkhead don't seem to be standard. Has anyone else dealt with these? Looking for insight on this????

Thanks

Entropy
06/18/2005, 09:18 PM
Are you trying to match the outside threads or the inside? The outside are non standard, the inside are standard and will work with most of the sch40 pvc connectors. I am just assuming the AG bulkheads are threaded inside and out though. I have aftermarket bulkheads on mine that are like this.

teamcamelot
06/19/2005, 07:24 AM
trying to match the outside threads. there are no inside threads.

frank2926
06/19/2005, 09:18 AM
The outside is threaded strictly for the nut that holds it in. You have a slip bulkhead if there are no threads inside. Meaning the connections need to be glued in . Pvc glue is very easy to use dont worry. you can get a slip to thread adapter if you insist on going threaded or get a threaded bulkhead..

jimdogg187
06/19/2005, 02:00 PM
Like Frank said. It is a slip-fit style. Just slide a pice of 1"/3/4" PVC with PVC primer and glue in that bad boy and it is ready to go. I suggest you don't use the slip-fit barbs that come with it because they will further reduce flow. I used 1" PVC for the drains on my tank, then used a piece of 3/4" PVC wih a 1" hose attached for the return. HTH. Good luck.

Jim