PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on how to proceed

rxx2
06/17/2005, 01:19 PM
Can anyone give me a little advice on how I might proceed with a deal gone bad?
Last November I was getting rid of some equipment. One of the members of RC contacted me about a trade for frags. I sent the equipment. Before I felt my tank was ready to accept the frags, he had a tank catastrophe. Waited a while then checked in to see how things were going. Said he was restocking, would send me 25-30 frags when he was sure they were healthy. Waited a bit all the while restocking my tank after another problem I had. Got to the point where I had enough frags and just want to let them grow out. So, I contacted the guy to let him know that I no longer needed any frags, to see if we could agree on a monetary amount, we settled on $250. He said to give him a couple weeks, it's been longer than that and now no response. What sort of recourse do I have, report him to the internet fraud division of the FBI, small claims, any other ideas?
Thanks for any assistance.

If this would fit in a better forum please move it by all means.

willieboy240
06/17/2005, 02:43 PM
hey ben,
its me Will. i dont know if you remember me. i bought some frags from you and sold you some bulbs. anyway, my best freind is the postal inspector ( police) for san francisco. if you have proof of this matter. he said he is willing to look at it. let me know if i can help.

Will

Falko
06/17/2005, 02:47 PM
Give him a few more calls. If he does not respond on your requests. Then you can go on and report him. But make sure to warn him enough. So that if you report him at the end. That he can not tern around. And say that you did not warn him enough, and in the process blaming you. If you have an e-mail address of his. Then you can e-mail him. This could later on be used as proof that you did contact him. And then he can not tern back on the agreement. But If you want real good advice. Go and talk to an expert about it.

rxx2
06/17/2005, 02:47 PM
thanks will,
i do remember you. haven't talked to you in a while. heard your tank fell on hard times from jason. are you fowlr now?
i have the email correspondence from the guy. will that work?
ended up sending some of the radiums i got from you actually.
thanks,
ben

rxx2
06/17/2005, 02:48 PM
thanks Falko,
never got a phone number
it's all been done via email
sent 2 emails this past week with no response

Falko
06/17/2005, 02:51 PM
OK. I hope things work out. Good luck.

willieboy240
06/17/2005, 02:59 PM
hummm... let me ask him and i'll post what he says tommorrow. i know that the internet fraund department is a joke. you dont need his phone #. just his info. my freind can do a background seach on him for you.

Will

tobasdad
06/17/2005, 03:02 PM
Let's just say, I feel for you.

I'm going through similar problems now:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=609363

Unfortunately, I am finding that if a dirtbag doesn't want to pay, it is very hard to force them. If I don't get anywhere by Monday, I am going to try the local police dept.

Good luck, I mean it.

rxx2
06/17/2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks a bunch Will.

hellraisers30
06/17/2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by rxx2
Thanks a bunch Will.

rxx2 seeing you have him, and he knows someone on the inside, then your odds are alittle better
they receive millions of theses small claims, and most just get skipped by, i know this cause i have reported 2 different people over 6 months ago, and have done the local police thing too, hoping that this person would have some dirt on him,,,but they were useless
i wish you luck, and hopefully you bag em:hammer:

rxx2
06/17/2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the support all. Sucks when you read that these things are happening. Never thought it would happen to me. I thought I checked him out pretty well. Maybe he just fell on hard times.