PDA

View Full Version : Tank Mount Coralife 150w HQI - Experiences?

Peabody
06/16/2005, 12:38 PM
Hi all,

I moved a few thousand miles and want to set up again...I'm leaning very heavily towards a 30g cube. The problem is I am not able to do a celing hung pendant (even though I really want to), so I think I'm leaning towards the coralife 150w HWI that mounts to the back of your tank.

What are your experiences? Any other reccomendations for a guy with a 30 cube who can't hang from the ceiling?

swashbuckler
06/16/2005, 12:44 PM
you could go w/ a 24inch outer orbit- its got the sliding legs so you could technically place it on there- it may however, look alittle awkward-

ive heard the the coralife MH clamp on unit may lose its "grip" on the back due to the dinky screws holding the unit "up" keep in mind- its a top heavy unit being held by a couple of screws- but maybe i'm just paranoid.

Peabody
06/16/2005, 12:49 PM
I was concered a little about the duribility of the mounting. I figure I could tie down the cable so if the mounting fails, it would be unable to fall into the water.

I didn't think those 24" units with the mounting legs would fit on a cube. Maybe I'm wrong...

swashbuckler
06/16/2005, 01:52 PM
ive personally seen a 24" aqualight pro on a 30 cube- to tell ya the truth -it looked a little wack, and light spills over the edge, but you do get the "full" lighting system- actinics, daylight, moonlight..etc.. but if you were gonna go that route- DEF go W/ current usa's OUTER ORBIT!

check nano-reef.com for more info the clamp on light- there's a thread in the lighting forum detailing this light.

Peabody
06/16/2005, 03:13 PM
Thank you...forgot about nano-reef.com!