PDA

View Full Version : Lighting , I cant make up my mind

digg955
06/15/2005, 04:14 PM
I am having trouble deciding between what lighting to get . I was all ready to purchase an inexpensive odyssea 175 W 20000k fixture today but then the acintic bulbs are only 18W each with that fixture. I know that for sure I want to keep soft corals and LPS in my tank I was hoping for an anemone or 2 also. The other light I was looking at was the JBJ or Orbit PC 2x65 W/Moon Lights for about the same price as the inexpensive MH setup. I have been going back and fourth on my decision for weeks. Now today I was ready to pull the trigger and buy but all of a sudden I cant decide again. I would really like the corals to be able to grow and keep bright colors. Also when the lighting is on I would like nice and bright and in the evening when I turn on the acintics I would like the whole tank to be filled with that deep blue color. Please I need help making my decision. I really just dont want my wife to kick me out of the house if I cant make everything look nice, it took me months to convince her to let me put the tank in the living room and even longer than that to convince her to let me switch to a reef tank...... Once again thank you for any help you can give......

Dave

digg955
06/15/2005, 04:15 PM
sorry my tank size is 29 gallon

lvreefer
06/15/2005, 04:31 PM
I heard that the odyssea lights aren't the best. I would check some revues before buying. The Orbit fixtures (I think formally CSL) are very good. The particular one that you mentioned will not be able to support a variety of corals. Think about getting two or one with a halide. Don't touch an anemone without getting a halide setup. Good luck.