PDA

View Full Version : Free Live Rock!!!!!!!

StashuDave
02/03/2002, 02:59 PM
I know this sound too good to be true but it's not. I am in the process of taking apart a 360gal tank and need to get rid of approx. 400lbs. of rock. I believe the rock is from florida and it has a good 50% pink corraline coverage. It is dense and heavy and here's the kicker - most pieces are quite large ( 30- 40lbs, and 2- 3ft long). It's too much work to sell to any of the local stores and most don't have that kind of room anyway so I thought I could help out club members. I've only got till Sat 2/9 to arrange getting this out or it'll just get yanked out and freeze outside. I don't have any neat way of preserving the rock (styros) so arrangements need to be made to pick things up quickly. I'd even be willing to drive to Rochester if I can fing a group/ individual who can take all this rock. Please feel free to e-mail me and no request can be too big or too small. Thanks Guys,
Dave
Thanks Guys and sorry to all those I could not get to.
Dave

BIG "G"
02/03/2002, 04:11 PM
That is a very generous offer

I would love to help you out , I could use about 150 # of it. But I'm disabled and mostly home bound, so could not make the trip to pick it up.:( :(

sorry

Zmann
02/03/2002, 09:03 PM
As a fellow club member I would be more then willing to take some off your hands. Please email me. I could use about 100 lbs.

_ShotgunShrimp_
02/03/2002, 10:19 PM
i could use 150 of that myself

_ShotgunShrimp_
02/03/2002, 10:20 PM
id also be willing to maybee make a half way trip to save you some hassle....

ToddsReef
02/03/2002, 11:17 PM
I could use some as well...willing to pick it up (the smaller the better). twhitman@rochester.rr.com. Will you still have a different tank set up?...if so I am willing to trade corals for rock. Have a good one.

Todd

Gary Majchrzak
02/04/2002, 12:59 AM
I'm interested in some - and available during the daytime on the westside of Rochester.I could also keep some in rubbermaid tubs for others to pick up. Please let me know if I can help out in anyway,as our members have EXCELLENT homes for your rocks...thanks for your generosity,Gary

cperson
02/04/2002, 12:18 PM
I'm interested in some as well, maybe 25-50 lbs, but I can't use large pieces. Maybe we can have a rock-splittiing party. Is there a warm garage somewhere?

Very generous, Dave. Thanks!

clueless
02/04/2002, 01:36 PM
I would be intrested also whatever yohave leftover let me know so we can work something out. email me at emilysmith531@cs.com thanks

KBCobra
02/04/2002, 06:07 PM
I would be very interested where are you located in Buffalo ?

StashuDave
02/04/2002, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all the replys guys. I'm wondering if we all could meet someplace on Sat afternoon and everyone can pick and choose pieces till it's all gone. If soemone could volunteer a garage they could have 1st pick (maybe Gary).

KBCobra-- I'm out in West Seneca near Transit Road.

Thanks,
Dave

KBCobra
02/04/2002, 09:33 PM
Or if you really need to get rid of it I can house all of it in my tanks and people can make the trip out to pick it up from my place in Amherst. I need about 100-150lbs of it and it seems that there is about 4 or 5 other people who wanted some in the area. I currently have setup and completly empty 55, 45, and a half empty 90 gallon tank so I thing it could come close to housing all of it with the excess going into plastic 40 gallon drums. Im willing to pick it up if you want, let me know.

FYI - I need large pieces which seems to be the opposite of everyone else, maybe a few shelf style pieces too.

839-3831

-Pat

Shia
02/05/2002, 10:43 PM
I would love to help out and take as much as I can

StashuDave
02/06/2002, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the overwhelming response, the rock went fast. Sorry to all those who responded who did not get any.
Thanks Again,
Dave

Gary Majchrzak
02/06/2002, 11:33 AM
StashuDave -thanks for the offer!My lunch date is back on with my wife! I guess you better cancel your plane ticket,Shia! BTW,if anyone is looking for Fiji rock,Marine Oasis just got a huge shipment from Walt Smith of BEAUTIFUL stuff!Plant rock,polyp rock,premium cured rock too!I saw lots of stuff on it! I couldn't resist the temptation myself,and got a piece with blue sponge.And oh, by the way: John is NOT giving this rock away free!:D

_ShotgunShrimp_
02/07/2002, 12:01 AM
just wondering what the deal on the rock is?

Gary Majchrzak
02/07/2002, 12:29 AM
_ShotgunShrimp_ There was no deal as the rock never made it this far! I'm sure others are disappointed as well,but be happy Stashu was willing to consider us. Welcome to the new "rock'n'roll!" :lolspin:

_ShotgunShrimp_
02/07/2002, 09:11 AM
didnt realize he had gotten rid of it localy or whatever.. last i knew was a meeting place and so on :) oh well