PDA

View Full Version : Sedona series stand & canopy???

johnsmb
06/10/2005, 08:51 PM
Does anyone have the new Sedona series stand & canopy combo? It is made by Marineland and Drs Foster and Smith is selling it.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=11425&N=2004+113765

It is just what I was looking for in looks and in price. But, the canopy looks short in height and it mentions something about glass access panels - so basically I am not sure if my VHO retrofit will fit inside the canopy. I am waiting to hear back with more info from Drs Foster and Smith, but thought I would try here....

aquaman67
06/11/2005, 02:34 PM
You know the glass tops you see on tanks, well they have incorporated those same tops as the top for the canopy.

The one's I have seen use smoked glass for the canopy tops.

There is a center brace so you could secure the reflectors at the ends and the middle.

I really like this setup. I like the drawers and the overall look.

johnsmb
06/11/2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the reply - I really like the look, too. I have been wanting a pine stand with drawers - and there it is! The price can't be beat, either. Do you own one? Would you happen to have a picture of inside the canopy? Will there be enough room between the top of the canopy and the glass for the bulbs and reflector to fit? Can the glass be removed? thanks so much....

aquaman67
06/11/2005, 07:38 PM
I don't have one but the LFS has several sizes and colors setup.

There should be enough room for a reflector and bulbs. You might want to use glass tops on the tank. The bulbs will be about 3 or 4 inches off the water.

The glass tops on the canopy are hinged and lift out just like they were on an aquarium.